• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

First cam'd start-up

Shibby50

TCG Elite Member
Mar 30, 2008
Braidwood, IL
First time ever cam'ing a car. Was a good learning experience.
Gotta thank Runtz for all the help.

Cam is a custom grind from FMS, still needs a tune big time. Car won't idle at all. Needs a big foot on the gas around 1200rpm to keep it going.
Runs well though, just need to put some miles on the new converter it and take it to FAST for some tuning
:pedobear:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CnfhPVECbc

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Didn't watch the vid yet, but you'll need to open your TB a bit to get it to idle well. Do you have a scanner? If so, find a torx or hex bit that'll fit the throttle stop screw on the TB. Key on the car, but do not start it. Open your scanner and watch TPS values. Turn the set screw until the TPS reads 2%. Key off. Unplug BOTH the TPS and the IAC. Key on for a few seconds, then key off again. Plug in both the sensors. Start the car, see if it idles OK. If not, repeat. I had to do this 2x to get mine to idle with the new cam.

Good luck!

Going to watch your video now. :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Shibby50
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list