First build is complete

N20GT

Plz place 3,000 kudos here. kthx
Reaction score
Morning! I finally got the barrel back from being pinned/welded so I was able to assemble my first rifle last night. For those that missed the post in the christmas thread, this gun was largely funded by the wife and family members through 2 years of christmas gifts. Lol. I bought the scope, QD brake, suppressor and charging handle and that's about it.

For those considering it, I included the cost as well. This ended up being expensive AF in total but the LPK i chose, rail, barrel, and suppressor contributed to that mostly. There are much cheaper ways to do it

The pics of it assembled kind of suck, i'll take some better ones tonight. Unfortunately you won't see pics of it with the suppressor for another 4-6 months :(

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
Looks great. With the 14.5" barrel do you need to have a fixed brake on it? I was always under the impression that you did to avoid it ever being considered a SBR.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
Looks great. With the 14.5" barrel do you need to have a fixed brake on it? I was always under the impression that you did to avoid it ever being considered a SBR.
Yeah, pin/weld is how you avoid getting a tax stamp. I've considered getting a 3" flash can on my 9mm carbine a few times to reduce overall barrel length.

N20GT

Reaction score
Yeah, pin/weld is how you avoid getting a tax stamp. I've considered getting a 3" flash can on my 9mm carbine a few times to reduce overall barrel length.
^This. It's pinned/welded.

Nowadays though SBR tax stamps are a thing of the past, just make it a pistol if you want a shorter barrel . The stocks for AR "pistols" aren't really any different than a regular stock as far as functionality. You just have to make sure the upper/lower you're using has never been part of a rifle

Sometimes I wonder why I didn't make this one a pistol, but I kind of like the slightly longer barrel/stock. Even full size AR15's feel pretty small to me

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
^This. It's pinned/welded.

Nowadays though SBR tax stamps are a thing of the past, just make it a pistol if you want a shorter barrel . The stocks for AR "pistols" aren't really any different than a regular stock as far as functionality. You just have to make sure the upper/lower you're using has never been part of a rifle

Sometimes I wonder why I didn't make this one a pistol, but I kind of like the slightly longer barrel/stock. Even full size AR15's feel pretty small to me
Thats exactly what I did using a kak tube/shockwave brace setup on my 9" 300blk. I just went to a shop here in Indiana and will be getting a suppressor soon. Any thoughts on this one? The guy at the store said it's nice because you can switch out the end caps to accommodate for most combinations and should be reliable.

https://silencerco.com/silencers/omega/

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Reaction score
Badass build for sure Conrad. Nice work!

N20GT

Reaction score
Thats exactly what I did using a kak tube/shockwave brace setup on my 9" 300blk. I just went to a shop here in Indiana and will be getting a suppressor soon. Any thoughts on this one? The guy at the store said it's nice because you can switch out the end caps to accommodate for most combinations and should be reliable.

https://silencerco.com/silencers/omega/
That's awesome! I'm no expert to be honest, but i'm sure it'll be fine

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom