First Annual Redline Powertrain Open House/Car Show!

Carl@Redline

El Experto De Transmiciones
TCG Sponsor
Oct 21, 2019
Batavia
Real Name
Carl
Well, kids, after 3.5 years of constantly being asked when I was gonna have an open house, arrangements have been made...insurance docs drawn up...a seemingly endless amount of calls/texts have been made, AND my fat ass finally made a flyer, so here goes:

Next Saturday, 7/17, at the shop:
Redline Powertrain
555 s. River St.
Batavia IL 60510,
From, say, noon-8pm, or really, whenever Uncle BBQ over here gets tired, and in his best Walt Kowalski voice, tells you whippersnappers to get off my lawn.

...but Carl...on your best day, you only have room for like 10 cars in your lot...between daturbosix daturbosix and his tractors, and Great White Drake Great White Drake and his velvet sunglasses, there's no rrom for anything else!

Which is true, especially the tractor part.

HOWEVER, your local transmission expert isn't made of only good looks, and great sausage recipes...he also sometime be a lil smart. I reached out, rented, insured, and paid for use of the giant ass field next door, all the way to the skate parks.

SO, here's how it stacks up:
We're proud to be the starting point for the Prison City Kruisers' Local Power Tour, so they will be filing in around 8-9, and leaving for their next stop by 1130ish. As Rahm Emanuel once said: Never let a good crisis go to waste. Well, getting this place all minted out for a car show is, well, a crisis...so I'm piggybacking off the event, and making the rest of the day a cool hangout, meet and greet, and see the shop type of day.

Open House 2021.png

A couple things:
1. I like Batavia. Batavia likes me. I like my landlord. My landlord likes me. Don't fuck either of those up, yeah? I will have garbage cans and stuff strategically placed, so please use them. Just be respectful, mainly.

2. NO OBVIOUS OPEN LIQUOR ON PUBLIC PROPERTY. However, it'll probably be hot out, so if you need to stay refreshed, may I suggest a "thermal mug full of what looks to be apple juice?" See what I'm getting at? Did you read point #1? Cool. We're on the same page then.

3. Tying in to points 1 and 2, common sense is key. I'm expecting a kickass turnout and good time, and will certainly aim to make it a regular thing. If you think an idea may prevent the town from letting me do this shit again, then don't do it. If an idea or activity is more severe than that, remember, this is a shop full of heavy/sharp/dangerous/possibly-capable-of-full-dismemberment type equipment, and the river is a short walk with a wheel barrel away, so try Jesus, please don't try me.

4. If you've already been a customer, and want to bring your car, get at me for some primo parking options. And thank you for your support.

Any questions, call me at 630.532.7027, or Jeff at 1-800-CREAMPIE, and we can hopefully answer your queries.

Hope to see some of you there, and vaya con dios.

Thread Info