• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Finding internal coolant leak

EineKatze

No Stress
Oct 27, 2012
Joliet
I would be willing to bet you have either slightly degraded a gasket (most likely in the valley, as its common on these trucks) or you have something as simple as a small gouge in a coolant passage allowing the coolant to sneak past. As 400sbc said, pressurize the sucker and see what you get. If you coolant level drops drastically you have blown through a gasket, if it trickles down I'd check your mating surfaces for imperfections. Hope this helps, now time to look for some info on preferred tubular k members...

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
My GTP had the same issue before, in the winter. I'm like oh shit I got problems. James said it was just because of the fluctuating temperatures causing moisture to form at the cap. I changed the oil anyway and it was perfectly clean...

tIu7T.jpg

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I dunno, i have never seen this much and the same color as the coolant. It was down in the filler neck as well. Ill take a closer look and change the oil before anything else.

My dads durango had the same issue as you explained also in the winter. This was MUCH worse then the picture I just posted. It looked like someone yacked a pound of green barf down the oil fill. I have pictures just not here. Also normal apparently. The same shit was also all in the PCV lines.

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
My GTP had the same issue before, in the winter. I'm like oh shit I got problems. James said it was just because of the fluctuating temperatures causing moisture to form at the cap. I changed the oil anyway and it was perfectly clean...

tIu7T.jpg

x2...i had the same issue happen once. just change the oil and see what's going on there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info