financing a 10yr old car?

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
wacovia fucking sucks, I financed the ta through them and all they set you up to pay is the interest so they get their money first.

My payment was $408 and I paid like 600 for 4 months straight, then they tell me I dont owe anything for a month.... in 1 year I paid close to 6-7k and it didn't even dent the principal amount

utryd2

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 3, 2009
North Aurora
wacovia fucking sucks, I financed the ta through them and all they set you up to pay is the interest so they get their money first.

My payment was $408 and I paid like 600 for 4 months straight, then they tell me I dont owe anything for a month.... in 1 year I paid close to 6-7k and it didn't even dent the principal amount

Thats how all loans are. Your paying the bulk of the interest first. Its done by a percentage. If you skip the month they say you dont have to pay and then continue to pay more again, its like starting over. Anything over your payment amount you pay gets put towards your next months bill.

Ive been told but I havent personally done this....
Send two checks, one for the exact amount another for whatever extra you want to pay and in the notes on the check put "principal only". Then its taking off the principal not the interest.

JDHedman

" The Remote Start Guy "
Jun 5, 2009
Algonquin
yea its stock.. other than the Wilwood Brakes, ASP UD Balancer, Titanium Retainers, Chromemoly Pushrods, Beehive Springs, Had a fast intake and mti t.b, SLP Performance Full Length Headers, SLP Performance Loud Mouth Exhaust Systems, slp maf, Spohn Performance Torque Arm, UMI Performance Subframes, Dr. Evil Transmissions Built T56 Transmission, Ls7 Flywheel, LS7 Clutch, SLP Skip Shift Eliminator and it had some c5 zo6 rims.. and I am sure I am forgetting some stuff

Frank Dukes

TCG Elite Member
May 5, 2009
Rockfordia
i dont see an issue with what you paid at the time... but your obviously gettin effed on the interest and all that fun stuff. The trans, wheels, brakes, etc are a solid starting point for what ya got it for.

This is what scares me about trying to trade my x in. i really want a 02 T/A but am scared at what kinda points they would want on the loan.

firemandan1700

Bite my shiny metal ass
Apr 6, 2008
LaSalle County
goto any small bank and as long as you have good credit they should give you a loan. Just start calling banks asking what the interest rate for your yr of car and milage.

My bank said they could give me 12k tops at 10% flat for my 01 t/a ws6 with 71,9xx miles, but I had some cash on hand and I bought the car less than 12 anyways lol so that obviously helped

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info