Finally Supercharged

Charlie_Boy7

Addict
May 10, 2010
University Park, IL
Real Name
Charles
So I see alot of varying info on google about 3.4 pulleys and supporting mods, suggested first mods, ect.. just wanted some of your opinions. Id be happy if i could outrun my brothers 07 Monte Carlo SS lol. Been wanting a GTP since high school and never got around to it since ive been messing with fbodys mostly. Very excited about this one! Drove it to Texas. Love it already
IMG_20151018_45365.jpg
IMG_20151018_12440.jpg

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Make sure all maintenance is up to spec first. Colder plugs, clean maf, fresh fuel filter, no vacuum leaks. With all of that done, down pipe or headers, colder thermostat, canned PCM and intake should be good for a 3.4, if not overkill to play it safe.

Good looking car! My advice would be to decide how far you want to go with it before you start spending money. It costs a ton more money to keep having to upgrade your upgraded parts. Trust me, I've probably been through more incremental stages of mods than just about anybody, and it gets extremely expensive gradually increasing the power level (I've had to redo/upgrade my fuel system like 4 times, for example). Just go as big as you ever plan to from the start. A turbo will for sure take you a lot farther for the money, but it's a bigger chunk all at once. Or you could be like me and not be able to make up your mind and just go with both, lol. No reason to get rid of the M90 if you add a turbo, in my opinion.

Thanks!

Im hoping id be content with it after the pulley and supporting mods. I don't think my brother will mod the SS anytime soon so I should be able to outrun him without anything too serious

A pulley and water/meth injection is probably the cheapest way to make some big power safely. I would absolutely not run non intercooled without either water/meth injection, or E85 as primary fuel. The knock retard even with a stock car can be pretty significant.

Chris01gtp

Regular
Mar 6, 2015
I have a tune from Overkill. I'm definitely happy with it. I don't have any numbers to report. I went to GLD a couple weekends ago but as soon as we got there it started misting so I couldn't get a pass in. I would also suggest a MPS. It's more than just a pulley but it'll allow you to quickly swap pulley's if you find out you're knocking on a 3.4 and have a 3.5 with you too. Also, being a college student with my car away from home, i'm happy with it. I wish i had something faster however I needed something reliable for having it out here along with driving back and forth. It's definitely a noticeable improvement over stock.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info