Finally Supercharged

Charlie_Boy7

Bacon FTW
Reaction score
So I see alot of varying info on google about 3.4 pulleys and supporting mods, suggested first mods, ect.. just wanted some of your opinions. Id be happy if i could outrun my brothers 07 Monte Carlo SS lol. Been wanting a GTP since high school and never got around to it since ive been messing with fbodys mostly. Very excited about this one! Drove it to Texas. Love it already
IMG_20151018_45365.jpg
IMG_20151018_12440.jpg

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Make sure all maintenance is up to spec first. Colder plugs, clean maf, fresh fuel filter, no vacuum leaks. With all of that done, down pipe or headers, colder thermostat, canned PCM and intake should be good for a 3.4, if not overkill to play it safe.

bikrboy128

Some say.....
Reaction score
very nice! looks pretty clean too :bigthumb:
personally, i'd do headers/tune/3.4 pulley and keep it at that.
if you know you wont stay satisfied with that setup ditch the m90 now in favor of a turbo/rockers setup. go easy on it while saving your pennies for a transmission

98GrandPrixIraqVet

Reaction score
Clean looking car! Nice to see people still rocking the Wbodies. I cant get myself to stop with the platform since they are stupid cheap to mod.

Post results about that run with the Monte SS!!

:fy:

PANDA

Reaction score
dat minty rust free texas car.

smart move

Charlie_Boy7

Bacon FTW
Reaction score
Where are you guys getting them tuned? I cannot wait to shut my brother up lol. Hopefully someone will be able to get video.

Thanks it is surprisingly clean.. I totally got it from Illinois so im guessing it was very well taken care of.

ZephTheChef

Reaction score
Good looking car! My advice would be to decide how far you want to go with it before you start spending money. It costs a ton more money to keep having to upgrade your upgraded parts. Trust me, I've probably been through more incremental stages of mods than just about anybody, and it gets extremely expensive gradually increasing the power level (I've had to redo/upgrade my fuel system like 4 times, for example). Just go as big as you ever plan to from the start. A turbo will for sure take you a lot farther for the money, but it's a bigger chunk all at once. Or you could be like me and not be able to make up your mind and just go with both, lol. No reason to get rid of the M90 if you add a turbo, in my opinion.

Charlie_Boy7

Bacon FTW
Reaction score
Thanks!

Im hoping id be content with it after the pulley and supporting mods. I don't think my brother will mod the SS anytime soon so I should be able to outrun him without anything too serious

ZephTheChef

Reaction score
Thanks!

Im hoping id be content with it after the pulley and supporting mods. I don't think my brother will mod the SS anytime soon so I should be able to outrun him without anything too serious
A pulley and water/meth injection is probably the cheapest way to make some big power safely. I would absolutely not run non intercooled without either water/meth injection, or E85 as primary fuel. The knock retard even with a stock car can be pretty significant.

Charlie_Boy7

Bacon FTW
Reaction score
Ah okay cool. I'll have to do more research on intercooler options. Didn't know id have to have one for a 3.4 pulley. I was seeing people run them with 3.2 and smaller

ZephTheChef

Reaction score
In my opinion, even a stock car would benefit a great deal from an intercooler. But they are expensive compared to a $300 trunkmount water/meth kit. And much more complicated to install. And if you don't have a serious heat exchanger an intercooler becomes worthless pretty quickly whereas evaporative intercooling doesn't heatsoak.

Chris01gtp

Reaction score
Welcome, I'd go 3.4/headers/intake/tune thats what i have. I'd also have a way to scan for kr. With headers so cheap, I personally would just go that route instead of a downpipe.

Charlie_Boy7

Bacon FTW
Reaction score
Welcome, I'd go 3.4/headers/intake/tune thats what i have. I'd also have a way to scan for kr. With headers so cheap, I personally would just go that route instead of a downpipe.
Where'd you get the tune if you dont mind me asking? Are you happy with things as they are?

Chris01gtp

Reaction score
I have a tune from Overkill. I'm definitely happy with it. I don't have any numbers to report. I went to GLD a couple weekends ago but as soon as we got there it started misting so I couldn't get a pass in. I would also suggest a MPS. It's more than just a pulley but it'll allow you to quickly swap pulley's if you find out you're knocking on a 3.4 and have a 3.5 with you too. Also, being a college student with my car away from home, i'm happy with it. I wish i had something faster however I needed something reliable for having it out here along with driving back and forth. It's definitely a noticeable improvement over stock.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom