Finally scraped the 11's today

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Here is the only proof I have until Riski posts the vid. He was actually the only one to see it. Most people had left and Joe/Mook/Colleen were helping Brandon pack.

Timeslip9-12-10.jpg

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I think Joe only made one pass at 12.6X. I think he rolled into it too.

Yeah, I checked the oil after that pass just out of preventative concern and it was really low. I didn't make the effort to find any oil to make any more passes. Filled up on the way back, though.

Ran a 12.6 @ 111 with a 1.9 sixty foot just rolling into it off the line. The 2.73 gear is really killin me. I'm nowhere near my torque range going through the traps.

Will likely go back before the season is over to see how much better I can do with this setup.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Yeah, I checked the oil after that pass just out of preventative concern and it was really low. I didn't make the effort to find any oil to make any more passes. Filled up on the way back, though.

Ran a 12.6 @ 111 with a 1.9 sixty foot just rolling into it off the line. The 2.73 gear is really killin me. I'm nowhere near my torque range going through the traps.

Will likely go back before the season is over to see how much better I can do with this setup.

Yeah that gear will make a huge difference for ya. Any reason for the car running low on oil??

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Does anyone else hear something odd with the way the trans shifts? The car is running strong, but I've had a few people tell me (based on other vids too) that something seems wrong. Let me know if you think I'm just being paranoid or if that's the way it should sound.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Yeah, almost sounds like there's another shift or something. I'd attribute it to sound but I see the nose dive too. While driving your car I've noticed kind of a dead spot where it just hesitates for a second, then gets back in it fine. I observed the same feeling on my buddy's tuned Lightning. Not sure what it is.

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I got impatient and e-mailed the guy that built it and he said it is completely normal. He said it is the torque converter lock-up that we're hearing. He said most people will think something is wrong with the trans, but it's really just the converter locking up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info