Finally doing a CC class

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Reaction score
I've been dragging my feet, but I'm finally doing a class. I bit of a travel for me, but oh well. It's at Western Suburban Conceal Carry in Naperville. It was $175 with a Florida permit.

Reviews seemed positive on this place. Anyone have and experience there?

Fish

From the mean streets....
Donating Member
Reaction score
$175 with a Florida permit sounds really good. GL with the class.

blck10th

Reaction score
If it's the place off 59 by 88 my buddy said the guys who run it are real cool

Idoma

The Man, The Myth, The Legend
Reaction score
You will love the class! It's engaging and not boring at all. Joe and Terry are awesome instructors. My wife and I took their class earlier this year.

BlaqSnake

PC Pimp
Reaction score
You will love the class! It's engaging and not boring at all. Joe and Terry are awesome instructors. My wife and I took their class earlier this year.

I took mine there as well, and completely agree!

TCG Member 5219

Reaction score
So how does it feel to carry every day? What do you do when you are going into a place with the no gun signs?? Truly interested.

blck10th

Reaction score
So how does it feel to carry every day? What do you do when you are going into a place with the no gun signs?? Truly interested.

You usually drive by the front door and see if there's a sign. Leave it in your car per the law.

Or you do the walk of shame back to your car and put it away.

There is also a app I've heard people use. I've heard it's kinda intrusive but it lists gfz's

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Reaction score
Assuming you get a good holster that is comfortable, after a while you will not even think about it.

Before going anywhere, I always check to see if my destination has one of those anti-gun signs. A good resource is the "Anti gun posted business list". You can see it here: Listing of Anti-gun Businesses in Illinois

Be sure to check it before you go somewhere and if you encounter a place that's not on the list, please add an entry to the site so all of us can benefit.

I don't go to places that don't honor my 2nd amendment right. They don't get my business.

Once I went to Great Clips for a haircut appointment, but they weren't in the Anti Gun Posted list yet even though they had one of those silly signs. When I saw the sign, I got back in the car and went home. I scheduled a haircut somewhere else that respected American's rights.

Only once so far did I have to go to a location which was anti-gun. In my case it was a hospital. They had no-guns signs posted right at the parking lot entrance. In that case, I just locked the gun in the glove compartment.

blck10th

Reaction score
Assuming you get a good holster that is comfortable, after a while you will not even think about it.

Before going anywhere, I always check to see if my destination has one of those anti-gun signs. A good resource is the "Anti gun posted business list". You can see it here: Listing of Anti-gun Businesses in Illinois

Be sure to check it before you go somewhere and if you encounter a place that's not on the list, please add an entry to the site so all of us can benefit.

I don't go to places that don't honor my 2nd amendment right. They don't get my business.

Once I went to Great Clips for a haircut appointment, but they weren't in the Anti Gun Posted list yet even though they had one of those silly signs. When I saw the sign, I got back in the car and went home. I scheduled a haircut somewhere else that respected American's rights.

Only once so far did I have to go to a location which was anti-gun. In my case it was a hospital. They had no-guns signs posted right at the parking lot entrance. In that case, I just locked the gun in the glove compartment.

I also don't frequent gfz's. I've left places too.

I did go to hooters. I promised my kid and I had to leave it in the car. Other than the obvious prohibited areas you can not carry.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Reaction score
Did you guys still have to pay the $150 IL processing fee? I know I have to pay for finger printing.

blck10th

Reaction score
Did you guys still have to pay the $150 IL processing fee? I know I have to pay for finger printing.

You don't have to pay for prints. They aren't required. It does come faster but not by much for what they charge to do it

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Reaction score
Went to the range today for a quick session since I haven't been to one in 6months (before I broke my arm). Did a 30 shot group from 15-20' out. The stragglers were because I rushed a couple shot and didn't get a firm grip. I'm ready

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Reaction score
Gotta love Illinois. They take away your Constitutionally protected civil right and sell it back to you for $150 (plus a $3.50 processing fee).

:wtf:

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Reaction score
Not sure if I want to do the qualifications with my Shield 9mm or full size M&P 9mm

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Reaction score
I figured and wasn't sweating it. But will probably use the Shield because it will be my go to gun.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Reaction score
I qualified with my Shield. Will be spending more time at the range though.

I must clarify, the cost of Florida was not included. Finger printing was offered only, but that was at a price of $20. I still have to pay the $112 for Florida which lasts 7 years

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Reaction score
Also, I need to familiarize myself with my trigger reset. Joe Motto was very helpful

BlaqSnake

PC Pimp
Reaction score
I qualified with my Shield. Will be spending more time at the range though.

I must clarify, the cost of Florida was not included. Finger printing was offered only, but that was at a price of $20. I still have to pay the $112 for Florida which lasts 7 years

Nice work

Did you do prints for IL?

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Reaction score
I did, for IL and FL. I don't plan on starting my criminal career anytime soon, so I got it done.

blck10th

Reaction score
I did, for IL and FL. I don't plan on starting my criminal career anytime soon, so I got it done.

For $20 that was cheap. But I think you have to do manual prints for Florida don't you?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom