Gaming Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
They've already explicitly stated that the game will come out in waves. They didn't say how many, but it's reasonable to say there will be at least 2 more to round it out. Midgar was largely unexplored in the OG. You could go to part of maybe 3 sectors. This game should open up all of the city which, in its own right, is massive.

Reactions: Grabber

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
They've already explicitly stated that the game will come out in waves. They didn't say how many, but it's reasonable to say there will be at least 2 more to round it out. Midgar was largely unexplored in the OG. You could go to part of maybe 3 sectors. This game should open up all of the city which, in its own right, is massive.
I thought they did mention that this game is supposed to come out in 3 parts. I'll have to see if I can find anything that mentions it but I swear I remember reading about that.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
As long as they hit all the main story beats I don't mind some remixing in the middle. I don't think everything from the original would translate over to a modern game with 100% fidelity.

It looks like theyre changing the timeline. In the OG, you don't fight Jenova for the first time until the boat after Junon (a bit after you leave Midgar), and in this trailer you are fighting Jenova. Also, they have to shoehorn Sephiroth into the game, but in the OG you don't interact with him at all in Midgar, you just see what he left behind in the Shinra HQ. So this game is going to change up quite a bit.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
It looks like theyre changing the timeline. In the OG, you don't fight Jenova for the first time until the boat after Junon (a bit after you leave Midgar), and in this trailer you are fighting Jenova. Also, they have to shoehorn Sephiroth into the game, but in the OG you don't interact with him at all in Midgar, you just see what he left behind in the Shinra HQ. So this game is going to change up quite a bit.
Don't you fight the first form or jenova at the shinra tower? I can't remember that far back but I thought there was some form of that there. maybe thats where sephiroth ripped her out of that test tube thing.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Don't you fight the first form or jenova at the shinra tower? I can't remember that far back but I thought there was some form of that there. maybe thats where sephiroth ripped her out of that test tube thing.

No you don't fight her there, you fight a Hojo experiment there. Jenova was what Sephiroth ripped out of Hojo's lab and the took out of Shinra HQ, but you don't see that, you just see the blood trail, and you don't interact with either of them.

And even that part of the OG is convoluted because at the end you find out that Sephiroth is physically in the Northern Crater, and has been there since Cloud beat him in Neibelheim, and what you fight as Sephiroth throughout the game is actually Jenova (or parts of Jenova?) So who actually ripped Jenova out? There are a few plot holes in the game.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
No you don't fight her there, you fight a Hojo experiment there. Jenova was what Sephiroth ripped out of Hojo's lab and the took out of Shinra HQ, but you don't see that, you just see the blood trail, and you don't interact with either of them.

And even that part of the OG is convoluted because at the end you find out that Sephiroth is physically in the Northern Crater, and has been there since Cloud beat him in Neibelheim, and what you fight as Sephiroth throughout the game is actually Jenova (or parts of Jenova?) So who actually ripped Jenova out? There are a few plot holes in the game.
That sounds right. Maybe te jenova we're seeing in the trailer is the hojo experiment just remixed to look more like Jenova? There were alot of plot holes in this game but maybe this game will rectify alot of that. I'll go in with an open mind and I'm not going to judge it based on what the original was. I just expect it to hold up to the original even if some things are being changed around, I'd think it would be for the better.

Thread Info