Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
To make things potentially worse...the PS5 releases end of next year (or should). The first FF7 content drops early next year. It would not surprise me at all if Square at some point made all future expansions PS5 only, meaning you have the cost of the expansions AND a new system to worry about.

There is zero chance all of the content will drop in 2020...so they are going to have to decide if they will then release upcoming additions on BOTH systems or focus on one.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
That looks crazy...I'm obvi getting the game when it comes out, I'm not sure I'll be able to handle the "real time" fighting, but I'll give it a stab.

In the meantime, bought myself a Playstation Classic and just started a new game of OG FFVII...see how far I get before the new one comes out

Reactions: importcrew

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
That looks crazy...I'm obvi getting the game when it comes out, I'm not sure I'll be able to handle the "real time" fighting, but I'll give it a stab.

In the meantime, bought myself a Playstation Classic and just started a new game of OG FFVII...see how far I get before the new one comes out

I thought they said you can play it in classic mode where it's turn based? That was the selling point for me, I don't like the new way, I like it old school.

Reactions: Shibby50

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
giphy.gif

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Interesting.

Still sucks that even with the 30 hours of gameplay claim, it really is only in one area of what was a massive open world.

What about hte weapons(Ultima, Diamond, Emerald) Golden Saucer, flying the Highwind, etc.
I would assume things like that will happen as they would in the normal game, later down the line.

Thread Info