Fiance Looking for School Job

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Jul 27, 2009
Figured I would post here since she is having a very hard time finding a job and is getting kinda down and depressed about it.

My fiance just graduated with her masters degree from lewis University in School guidence and councelling. She is looking for a job or a foot in the door at a school in the councelling department. We currently live in Plainfield so something around the area would be nice but at this point she would drive an hour to work. The job market for her degree seems very tight and slim, and a lot of places like experience. Only problem is legal she cant have experience until she just obtained this masters degree.

Does anyone work in a school or knows someone who works in a middle school, high school, or college that might have an opening that could give her an interview??

She maintained a 3.93 GPA average for her masters and 4.0 average for undergrad.

We really appreciate any help

Shocker

ShockerRacing.com
Feb 21, 2008
Aurora, IL
Just apply apply apply.. It took me 4 years to get a full time job and I drive an hour plus each way to the projects of Chicago. There is really nothing in the burbs unless you know someone. If she's not scared have her apply to Cps she might end up in a not so nice neighborhood but she'll have a job.

The idea is she still be the lowest in the salary scale for here position and that's what they want.

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Jul 27, 2009
Have her check with the local districts could get a sub job at least.

Thats the problem there was one for only 3 months but after that nothing. And she would have to leave her job now to do it. Which is just a regular pharmacy tech job. So basically she would have no income after those three months. It really really sucks and I think its total B.S. what they do to grads and you all who are in this field. I only have my bachelors, and our school had tons of companies come down to interview, in this field they make u do a ton of work and internships with no pay for nothing when u graduate. I dont get it at all

99PONTIACGP

TCG Elite Member
Oct 3, 2008
Chicago
Real Name
Mike
Just apply apply apply.. It took me 4 years to get a full time job and I drive an hour plus each way to the projects of Chicago. There is really nothing in the burbs unless you know someone. If she's not scared have her apply to Cps she might end up in a not so nice neighborhood but she'll have a job.

The idea is she still be the lowest in the salary scale for here position and that's what they want.

Why apply for Chicago when you'd have to live in Chicago. A husband and wife both at my girlfriends school bought a house outside of Chicago and they both were fired.

:wavey:

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Jul 27, 2009
Why apply for Chicago when you'd have to live in Chicago. A husband and wife both at my girlfriends school bought a house outside of Chicago and they both were fired.

:wavey:

I was about to mention this. They require you to move to chicago. We heard they also to checks to see if you live there. Even going to the extent of if the suspect you dont they follow you home to see where you live no joke

Shocker

ShockerRacing.com
Feb 21, 2008
Aurora, IL
Well apply apply apply. My girlfriend graduated may last year and found a job a week before school started in August

Act as if finding a job is her job. Go to schools eh there they're hiring or not and drop of resumes

This is another thing... They wait for last minute enrollment #'s to hire.

I wish your gf luck man, art is tough my mom just retired she taught art. The art teacher at my school was part time and lost his other half due to a closing school.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info