• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

**Few pics of the progress**

zimmer0924

Master Debater
Jul 2, 2008
As some of you know I hydrolocked a cylinder with fuel about a month or 2 back and snapped a rod. This was with my custom 76mm turbo kit through my T56. Since then I've fixed the motor and gone a different direction with the power adder. I took the turbo off and went back to a SC. I also upgraded my tranny a bit.

HPIM1414.jpg

HPIM1414.jpg

HPIM1419.jpg

HPIM1423.jpg

HPIM1424.jpg

Sorry for the dirty and dusting car. Hoping to maybe have everything done by this weekend.

zimmer0924

Master Debater
Jul 2, 2008
looks great man! how much did that trans run you?

Im putting an 04 cobra engine in my fox right now and havnt decided if im gona stick with the manual right now or go auto

I picked it up used from someone from another forum. I think I paid $1,300 for everything. You can normally find the 4R70W's built with some extra goodies for $1,000.00-$1,500.00 used. I don't know what power level you plan on running but I see some people taking stock 4R70W's and putting a manual valvebody in it and having it hold 600hp with no problem. It's fairly cheap to do as well. You figure most of the used T56's are about the same price any way so why not do the automatic. You could go to a junk yard and pick up a nice used 4R70W for a few hundred bucks. Just make sure it's one of the latest versions though. They revised some of the parts in the latest ones to make them stronger I guess. I don't know the years off the top of my head.
Just my 2 cents, but if I were you I would go auto. Your build is very interesting. You should post build pics. I wonder are you going to swap interiors too?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info