🔧 BUILD FESTER665's 1993 Foxbody Cobra build - Coyote/Tremec incoming - 22 years in the making.

General Information

Of course as with most things, it's a slow build in progress. I will usually get comments ranging from "it looks great!" to "You're ruining that car!" but since you'll never make everyone happy, I just do what I want to do to it. :headbang:

Year: 1993
Make/Model: Mustang Cobra #235
Specs: Teal/Opal Gray leather
Numbers: 310 RWHP/308 RWTQ
1/4 mile time: 13.04 @ 104.6

I bought the car in 1998 with 24k miles on it. It now has 54k on it. It's a slow work of progress that I hope to have done in the next three years. I'm hoping I'll actually get to have it out this summer with the new motor in it, but it's depending on finances at this point.

Here's the car before I had any work done on it:
3810_1134151203210_2003795_n.jpg

Some people hate this, but it's been on so long I just leave it on:
bumper-1.gif

Put in white faced gauges and a 5" tach.... Debating going to a white faced tach, or changing the gauges back to black though..... Also ditched the horse on the dash and put a cobra there instead....
CobraInterior.jpg

Then I slowly made my way under the hood doing a few bolt-ons here and there.... My A/C compressor locked up so instead of replacing it I just moved the P/S to where it used to be.
Cobra4.jpg

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
world of warcraft legion GIF

hahahahahaha sorry Drew.

I guess, but not, comes down to the details why a car is not done, and how long. Yes, being a one man shop can take longer to get things done. It's also why i will no longer bring in a car that doesn't have parts or a motor. I got burned on greenguys car. We waited for 4-5 months on a engine from ford that never came. Then when he finally cancelled that motor, we got a used shortblock that needed to be rebuilt and pistons ordered. MMR dragged for 3-4 months for pistons, then once those came in, shortblock still needed to be built which is the mercy of the machine shops who could be months out. After that, yeah, there was a lot of work to do, but the car shouldn't of been at my shop for almost a year before it should of been here, as we didn't have a motor built.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I didn't know they were the one's doing your car, hopefully it all works out time line wise. He definitely gets in over his head on what he can do and take it, have seen and gotten feedback from a few guys.
Yeah, things seem to take a little longer than he projects, but the work he did on the previous Coyote swap came out great. I spent some time over there looking at it before the customer came and took it and was extremely happy with how it turned out.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
:fu: Photobucket!

Just got the car back, needs a good scrubbing this weekend and then I need to figure out if I start tossing the drivetrain in to try to get it running, or while it's still apart I start the body work....

88526e7463889a1dc3f6d5c43d158731.jpg

Full Maximum Motorsports Front suspension in, along with 03/04 Cobra rack...
030a44fcfffcb88c1d75cf581b7e06f8.jpg

Front brakes are now from a 2004 Cobra:
4bb07f41f012b826af4f674b932f1a63.jpg

Rear end is a full IRS setup from 2004 Cobra now.
003b5c74a7a08423b3b7bfbbfecb1cc9.jpg

Had the IRS fully done with FTBR bushings and upgraded rear cover. Also MM coilovers with Koni shocks,
2ccc584df7cb50375cb2c0f3e7f458c1.jpg
Wanted top give some recognition to Drew for doing the IRS in the car way back in the day..... Thanks 01bluesnake 01bluesnake

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
Yeah, things seem to take a little longer than he projects, but the work he did on the previous Coyote swap came out great. I spent some time over there looking at it before the customer came and took it and was extremely happy with how it turned out.
They do, as add ons and part delays can cause havoc on the schedule. The coyote swaps are pretty straight forward, and thankfully pretty drop in and go. Nick does good work when he wants, but his ego gets the best of him. He lost my respect a little while back he called me, and told me not work on one of my old customers cars, that he screwed up. Had the balls to tell me he is the best in Chicagoland area for Cobras, as the customers car was falling apart, leaking and had to get towed home. There's other stuff too, but like i said, hopefully the time line works out, and no issues with the work.

Thread Info