🔧 BUILD FESTER665's 1993 Foxbody Cobra build - Coyote/Tremec incoming - 22 years in the making.

General Information

Of course as with most things, it's a slow build in progress. I will usually get comments ranging from "it looks great!" to "You're ruining that car!" but since you'll never make everyone happy, I just do what I want to do to it. :headbang:

Year: 1993
Make/Model: Mustang Cobra #235
Specs: Teal/Opal Gray leather
Numbers: 310 RWHP/308 RWTQ
1/4 mile time: 13.04 @ 104.6

I bought the car in 1998 with 24k miles on it. It now has 54k on it. It's a slow work of progress that I hope to have done in the next three years. I'm hoping I'll actually get to have it out this summer with the new motor in it, but it's depending on finances at this point.

Here's the car before I had any work done on it:
3810_1134151203210_2003795_n.jpg

Some people hate this, but it's been on so long I just leave it on:
bumper-1.gif

Put in white faced gauges and a 5" tach.... Debating going to a white faced tach, or changing the gauges back to black though..... Also ditched the horse on the dash and put a cobra there instead....
CobraInterior.jpg

Then I slowly made my way under the hood doing a few bolt-ons here and there.... My A/C compressor locked up so instead of replacing it I just moved the P/S to where it used to be.
Cobra4.jpg

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
View attachment 126784

Front end gets put back in tomorrow, then it should be ready to go get the underside done and the hydraboost setup and all the brake lines made for it….
I just seen the pics on my large computer screen. Looks fantastic! Are you going to use some sort of protection for when the shops are working on it? I don't know what's worse, a door ding or a scratch on a painted engine compartment.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I just seen the pics on my large computer screen. Looks fantastic! Are you going to use some sort of protection for when the shops are working on it? I don't know what's worse, a door ding or a scratch on a painted engine compartment.
Yeah, Nick covers the paint with some type of film to keep scratches away based on what I saw with Lochness.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Yeah, Nick covers the paint with some type of film to keep scratches away based on what I saw with Lochness.
That blue shrink wrap shit or whatever color they use is to prevent them from putting superficial scratches on it when leaning or rubbing against the car.
They drop a tool or anything else on the paint, that shrink wrap isnt going to help.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
That blue shrink wrap shit or whatever color they use is to prevent them from putting superficial scratches on it when leaning or rubbing against the car.
They drop a tool or anything else on the paint, that shrink wrap isnt going to help.
Oh I know, I saw the finished product and I know he’ll take care of it. I’m sure he uses other stuff as well as the film stuff

Reactions: Shawn1112

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
Check-in and see what Dr. Drew has laying around the shop 01bluesnake 01bluesnake he might have a CJ and TB that you can put on now, have fun with, then resell for the same price down the road.

No CJ in stock, Ford discontinued it a ways back. Only CJ's out there now are used, and going for big money. I do keep new Boss and 18 manifolds in stock though, same with 47lb injectors in case your going E85.

Dave M

TCG Elite Member
Aug 28, 2015
Gurnee
Real Name
Morefield
No CJ in stock, Ford discontinued it a ways back. Only CJ's out there now are used, and going for big money. I do keep new Boss and 18 manifolds in stock though, same with 47lb injectors in case your going E85.
I saw that FRPP is bringing out a redesigned CJ at the end of this month. Not sure what changed, maybe it'll fit on an S550 now without lowering the engine or doing a cowl hood.

• Wow
Reactions: FESTER665

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
I saw that FRPP is bringing out a redesigned CJ at the end of this month. Not sure what changed, maybe it'll fit on an S550 now without lowering the engine or doing a cowl hood.

Yeah, been hearing it for a while, but ford and release dates is horrible. Wouldn't be surprised if they kick back the release date a few more times. Im honestly not sure, but the original and even their redesign still had a ton of casting issues.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Holley now makes a dash that fits your car for when you LS swap it
I dont get the LS part? :s00ls:

Yeah, Ive seen the Holley Dash installed (Nick did it on Lochness I believe) but I like the look of the LMR Dakota Digital better. Looks more factory but with subtle tweaks to it.

Thread Info