Fencers? Need fence/gate work done

wombat

Donating Member
Reaction score
Looking for someone that could help me out with my fence/gate. I had to jerry rig my gate again because the 4x4 is shot...it should get me through the season.

Anyone know someone that puts in fences? Looking to see how much $$ i'll be out to replace my whole fence/gate setup.

Frank Dukes

Reaction score
Vinyl = $$$

thats almost 300 LF or so.. id guess 5k. I have a guy here in rockford but i have no idea how far he travels.

Arrow Fence Company. was cheaper than the other quotes by hundreds of dollars. Whatever you do, get multiple quotes.

stan5050

Reaction score
I used cardinal, I can get you a contact person. Mine was roughly 450 feet and I was around $8k all said and done. I had some 6ft higher sections though.

BigJohnson

Reaction score
It's wood now, would like to do the pvc or vinyl or whatever material that is. I counted 32 8' sections and my gate is 11'
My buddy is done with fences for the year but I can get you a quote Coke spring time. He does great work and uses top of the line material so it's going to be a little more then a bigger place that uses shit vinyl that will say and crack in a few years. Also keep in mind a lot of people by the sections that screw together and that's garbage too. As I said he does everything right with post stiffeners and section stiffeners where most companies skimp out to keep costs down. But with anything you get what you pay for.

I just put my own 11' gate in and the gate alone was just short of 1000$. So they aren't cheap.

wombat

Donating Member
Reaction score
My buddy is done with fences for the year but I can get you a quote Coke spring time. He does great work and uses top of the line material so it's going to be a little more then a bigger place that uses shit vinyl that will say and crack in a few years. Also keep in mind a lot of people by the sections that screw together and that's garbage too. As I said he does everything right with post stiffeners and section stiffeners where most companies skimp out to keep costs down. But with anything you get what you pay for.

I just put my own 11' gate in and the gate alone was just short of 1000$. So they aren't cheap.
Yeah man, that would be great. Send me his info or I can send you mine to get at least a quote to start somewhere :)

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
Please post his info for everyone on here please....

I about had a stroke when I got quotes for the gate to be replaced in my yard. I just wanted a wider gate with chain link to get the riding mower through it and they were saying like $1500 for chain link... I thought that was insane. I built my own panel with parts and it was like $200 total.

Still would like to re-do a few sections with 6' high privacy fence though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom