Felicity Huffman, Lori Loughlin Snared in College Cheating Scandal

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Turns out rich people have been bribing other people to get their kids into top level colleges. Shocking.

Actresses Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin were among more than four dozen people charged in a nationwide college admissions cheating scandal that involved wealthy individuals paying up to $6.5 million to place their children into elite universities, according to court records revealed Tuesday.

The alleged scam -- which placed students into top colleges such as Yale, Georgetown, Stanford, University of Southern California, UCLA and the University of Texas -- was run by William Rick Singer, from California, who helped parents get their children admission through bribes, court documents unsealed in Boston showed. Officials have been investigating the case for more than a year.Singer would help his clients' children by having another individual take SAT or ACT tests on behalf of the students, officials said. Parents would allegedly pay up to $75,000 for each test and wire money to "charitable accounts."

"Singer used the purported charitable donations from parents, at least in part, to bribe two SAT and ACT test administrators," court documents stated.

He would discuss with his clients what SAT or ACT score they desired for their children that were impressive but "not too impressive." He would then instruct Mark Riddell, of Palmetto, Florida, to take the exams for the students, or "replace the students' exam responses with his own." Riddell had been working with Singer since 2011, documents stated.

Some parents would also take their children to therapists paid by Singer in order to receive notes saying the prospective students required extra time to take standardized tests.

Among the college coaches involved in the alleged scheme was Rudy Meredith, the former head women's soccer coach at Yale, and John Vandemoer, the sailing coach at Stanford University. Singer would bribe the coaches to fill slots the universities allocated for new players with his clients' children. To evade suspicion, the coaches and Singer would tell the prospective students to pose for pictures or would alter stock images and photoshop the child's face onto an athlete, to support the athletic-based admission.

For one applicant, Meredith — who resigned from his position in November — created a fake athletic profile and said the person was a recruit for the Yale women's soccer team even though the applicant "did not play competitive soccer," officials said.

Singer gave Meredith $400,000 after the student was admitted to Yale, court documents stated.

A Georgetown tennis coach received bribes between 2012 and 2018 from Singer that amounted to more than $2.7 million, according to the documents.

"In exchange for the bribes, the Georgetown coach designated approximately 12 applicants as recruits for the Georgetown tennis team, including some who did not play tennis competitively, thereby facilitating their admission to the university," documents read.

Some of the "student-athletes" who were enrolled simply never showed up for practice, while others pretended to be injured. Some played briefly, then quit, Lelling said.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/college-entrance-exam-cheating

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
Not surprised. I think there's a lot of decay in today's modern institutes of learning that needs to get squared away if we hope for them to survive.

VenomousDSG

Smells own farts
Reaction score
Color me shocked... Hollywood hypocrites

They probably just want their children to make up for their shortcomings, considering a lot of them barely made it out of high school, if that... DeNiro is a dropout, DiCaprio is a dropout. They know everything about everything though.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
Not defending them, but doesn't this shit happen all the time even amongst common folk too? I mean, think about all the parents that contribute to their alma mater in the effort to 1) support the school but also 2) to open up a path for their offspring to go to that school.

From reading another article today, and perhaps I just misread it (which is entirely possible), one of them "contributed" a chunk of money to the school and maybe this is where I lost track, it didn't say they were specifically engaging in illegal fixing of any sort. Just that they were donating a large sum of $$$.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
Donating Member
Reaction score
I couldve gotten paid $75k to take someone's Act or SAT for them? Fuck. Golden opportunity missed.

MrDragster1970

Reaction score

What a shock, the rich, powerful or so-called celebrity in this country taking advantage of their name or wealth!!!
Geesh, who'd a thunk it!!!!

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Lori Loughlin has been charged, I think with conspiracy, and is flying from Canada to L.A. to be arrested. She has already hired a good attorney.

I had the hots for her when Full House was on. She was so pure and sexy on the show. Shocking that she is now charged with a felony.

Marko

Reaction score
Lori Loughlin has been charged, I think with conspiracy, and is flying from Canada to L.A. to be arrested. She has already hired a good attorney.

I had the hots for her when Full House was on. She was so pure and sexy on the show. Shocking that she is now charged with a felony.

Lol. Good. That she has been charged.

Also. She’s one of the most stuck up in hollywood too. Her shit dont stink.

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
WTF! First HBO reveals that Michael Jackson was a child molester, and now we find out rich people have been bribing their kids into college?

What will be the next earth shattering revelation this week?!?!

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
I laughed when all of this came out, least shocking news of ever

Rich people have been paying for their kids to get into school forever.

Sky is still blue, grass is still green.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
I hope they all go to jail because I do not break the law
Because
I never
Want to go
To jail
Again

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
Not defending them, but doesn't this shit happen all the time even amongst common folk too? I mean, think about all the parents that contribute to their alma mater in the effort to 1) support the school but also 2) to open up a path for their offspring to go to that school.

From reading another article today, and perhaps I just misread it (which is entirely possible), one of them "contributed" a chunk of money to the school and maybe this is where I lost track, it didn't say they were specifically engaging in illegal fixing of any sort. Just that they were donating a large sum of $$$.
I laughed when all of this came out, least shocking news of ever

Rich people have been paying for their kids to get into school forever.

Sky is still blue, grass is still green.

Everything Ive read was this is different because how it was done... They didn't make a donation to the school for a new building, or they werent "legacy" recruits, it was scamming the system by doing shit like photoshopping their kids into sport pictures to say they needed scholarships, and bribing the people to push them through admissions based on those lies.

I guess one of them said their kid was a top tennis talent for her scholarship and they came to find out she was ranked 207th in the state when she was like 10 years old. :bowrofl:

Had she donated to the Lori Loughlin Library at USC and they accepted her kids off that I don't think anything would have happened? :dunno:

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
Everything Ive read was this is different because how it was done... They didn't make a donation to the school for a new building, or they werent "legacy" recruits, it was scamming the system by doing shit like photoshopping their kids into sport pictures to say they needed scholarships, and bribing the people to push them through admissions based on those lies.

I guess one of them said their kid was a top tennis talent for her scholarship and they came to find out she was ranked 207th in the state when she was like 10 years old. :bowrofl:

Had she donated to the Lori Loughlin Library at USC and they accepted her kids off that I don't think anything would have happened? :dunno:
Oh I know, but do you really believe that it wasn't happening for decades before this?

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
Oh I know, but do you really believe that it wasn't happening for decades before this?

Of course not. I'm sure it's been happening forever, but just saying it was different circumstances than just buying a new field for the football team...

Wonder how many other well to do families might be looking over their shoulders now...

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
Of course not. I'm sure it's been happening forever, but just saying it was different circumstances than just buying a new field for the football team...

Wonder how many other well to do families might be looking over their shoulders now...
Lots I'm sure.

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score

See, I think that the testing scams and falsifying information has been going on forever, but it was probably a more hush-hush operation that was only word of mouth. The only thing different would be that this stupid "firm" seems to be more out in the open

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom