• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Feeler....does anyone know of problems with the '04 GTO?

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
God damnit... I need to be worrying about a house, not another GTO right now. Fuck all of you guys. :rofl:

I'm almost in the same boat but, I got the house and bought my wife a new car. That's where I fucked up. I bought her a car with all the bells and whistles. Now I dont have much room for me and a car payment. She went from a 2002 Cavalier to a 2011 Sonata. I spoiled her and fucked me. Oh well

DOC-Z

Chickun maka LOUSY housspaat!
Oct 13, 2008
Johnsburg, IL.
Real Name
-Larry
Whats the price difference between the 04s & 05s. Not that much or about even?

From what I've read:

The 05's and '06's have seats which adjust a lot faster than the '04. The '06 also has steering wheel controls and trunk release. Also, the suspension in the later cars is superior. The '05's and '06's also have an LS2 (instead of the LS1), giving them 50 more ponies.

Doesn't sound like they have too many mechanical problems, unless you abuse and mod the heck out of them....which goes for EVERY car on the road.

Lastly, the manuals are said to get better gas mileage due to gearing.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
I think only 06 got the faster seats. Never heard the suspension was better, I thought it was garbage for all 3 years.

Engine:LS1 346ci 5.7L V8
350Hp@ 5200RPM/ 365 lb-ft Torque @ 4000RPM
- Flat hood
- Dual Exhaust(about 2 1/4" in some places it necked down to 2")
- 17" Rims only
- Tremec T56 M12 6 speed manual/ Hydramatic 4L60-E 4-speed automatic
- No dead pedal

Engine: LS2 364ci 6.0L V8
400Hp @ 5200RPM/ 400 lb-ft Torque @ 4000 RPM
- Exhaust manifolds were trimmed down from 4mm to 3mm to increase flow and make them lighter
- "Ram Air" hood
- Split dual exhaust 2 1/2" w/modified rear bumper cover with "GTO"
- Different gauge font
- 17" Rims standard 18" optional
- Improved drivetrain(driveshaft,differental, and CV's)
- Brakes(increased in size from 11.6" to 12.6" front) Rear brakes got vented disk a change from 04 solid rear disk. All calpers painted red, front calipers had GTO and PBR script.
- Flat hood was an option
- Tremec T56 M12 6 speed Manual
- Upgraded to the Hydramatic 4L65-E 4-speed Auto
- Dead padal added
- Rear deck lid read "Pontiac" not present on the 04 model

Same as 2005 GTO w/some improvements listed below:
- Blacked out tail lamps
- Lighted Steering wheel contols
- Door lock button in center console
- Optional smokers package w/two 12V power outlets
- "Faster" power seats

1998gpgt

TCG Elite Member
Apr 25, 2008
Boulder, CO
I am quite happy with my 04.

- I usually see 17-18mpg mixed driving
- The gas tank is in the trunk. Space is very limited.
- I had an issue last year with the ignition cylinder getting stuck (a pretty common problem). This was fixed with a dremel.
- Insurance is relatively inexpensive. I pay $126 a month through geico for full coverage on my GTO and Grand Prix's.
- Seats are comfortable. Very comfortable.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I am quite happy with my 04.

- I usually see 17-18mpg mixed driving
- The gas tank is in the trunk. Space is very limited.
- I had an issue last year with the ignition cylinder getting stuck (a pretty common problem). This was fixed with a dremel.
- Insurance is relatively inexpensive. I pay $126 a month through geico for full coverage on my GTO and Grand Prix's.
- Seats are comfortable. Very comfortable.

how many grand prix'esesess do you have right now jim?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info