• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Federal Tires. Are they worth it?

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I had a set on the wife’s old focus and they just seemed like any other all season. They also seemed to never actually wear :rofl:

I feel like there are plenty of Taiwan/Chinese made tires you could buy dirt cheap on amazon. I like to stick to things that have good reviews on tire rack. Sumitomo, Yokohama and kuhmo tend to have something decently priced with decent reviews.

Reactions: SaturdaysGS

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
If they have decent reviews I’d run them. I used to be in the tire biz years ago and the ONLY issue with the cheaper tires (I’m talking even less known than federal) was their all seasons generally were worse in regards to traction than their name brand counterparts, but it always seemed like the season specific cheap tires were just as good at a fraction the cost... and Goodyear’s always seem to shift belts when they are near end of life.

However, I’ve put “milestar” branded tires on my sisters car (17” wheel on 06 G6) and they have great traction in the winter, the similar albeit not same model “milestar” tires on my ladies equinox with 18” wheels doesn’t seem as good, but it might be the fact she has less weight on the nose of the car (4 cylinder vs the G6 v6). The milestars on the equinox seem better than the sumitomo tourings they’re replacing.

Reactions: Gav'sPurpleZ
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• lil euro 21
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list