• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Favorite Classic car mechanic/shop???

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
My buddy Eric has a shop in Bloomingdale and works on everything. Give him a shout.

They do great work. Depending on the day you can see fleet vans & trucks, to Supercars, to old school muscle. They are only one of two shops I use for my cars. I know a lot of people who use them as well. Eric and crew are great to deal with.

Reactions: frank

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I specialize in hot rod/high performance transmissions, and also happen to own an X-frame Impala. Gimme a shout: 630-532-7027
giphy.gif

Reactions: Aircal

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Auto Tech and Trans in Bolingbrook is good for mechanical work on classic and custom stuff. It's a general repair shop, but they've got a great trans guy and the owner is a huge gear head. Seems they always have some classic cars and muscle cars in their lot. They've done a couple transmission rebuilds for me and some work on my '12 Boss 302 when I was too busy to work on it myself.

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
They do great work. Depending on the day you can see fleet vans & trucks, to Supercars, to old school muscle. They are only one of two shops I use for my cars. I know a lot of people who use them as well. Eric and crew are great to deal with.
My buddy Eric has a shop in Bloomingdale and works on everything. Give him a shout.

will third this shop! Was just here eariler this morning picking up my car from Eric who I have known for over 20 years. Always great service, honest and stands behind his repairs. Nice mix of cars here, Volvo’s, vipers, 2nd gen firebird getting a ls3 swap, Audi’s etc.

Reactions: CoppeR
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info