Father's Day Plans?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
For the fathers among us, what do you guys have planned or have planned for you?

My kids are all going to be home for Sunday dinner which is unusual. I'm looking forward to grilling ribs and steak for the family. We'll sit outside by the pool and enjoy the food and family. My mom and step dad are coming, too. Shoot. I'd better get my step dad something tomorrow morning. My dad has passed on so I'll have a drink in his honor.

My older daughter has said she is going to buy me in for a poker tournament at the Bonita Springs dog track, maybe next Sunday. She's going to play, too. Should be a lot of fun. I haven't played cards in a while.

To start off the weekend, I noticed my lanai fridge is leaking water. Gasket is obviously worn after three years outside in Florida heat. Can't get a new gasket for this fridge anymore so I cleaned it and lubed it with Vaseline to soften it back up. To make sure it stays sealed, I added a velcro strip. Seals well now. Hope it adds a year or two to the fridge life span. :bigthumb:

I hope everyone enjoys the day!

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Reaction score
I'll be giving him a call since we are 2000 miles apart. I did get him some stuff and mailed him it earlier in the week.

Robertcasio

Banned
Reaction score
me and my dad don't talk anymore because his new wife don't like what i say on facebook.

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
Donating Member
Reaction score
No different than any other day.

I'll spend time with my wife and daughter. Everyday is like Father's Day. :)

Breze84

$ AIN'T NO PITY IN C-NOTE CITY $
Reaction score
Don't talk to my Father anymore but me, my wife, and my daughter are going out for breakfast and then hanging out the rest of the day...

98GTPDriva

Reaction score
I'll be spending it with my neighbors and their kids for the day. The wife/kids are 500 miles away back in Chicago and they have been for 1.5 months now. They were visiting family in early May when my 2 year old got sick, was in the hospital, etc. He's now getting treatment, but it's best for him to be there and not here (little town in the mountains) for his treatment. I've seen the family for 3 days since May 1st.

This will probably be my worst one yet, also considering my daughter will be walking any day now and I'll probably miss it... On a brighter note, I'll be there for a few days next weekend.

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
I will be working all day, but will pick up the kids after work and grill out, my wife will be working all night tho so its just me and the kids tonight

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to head down to Bourbonnais to meet my parents for breakfast. Then after that I'm not sure.

blueoval4life

Donating Member
Reaction score
I'll be spending it with my neighbors and their kids for the day. The wife/kids are 500 miles away back in Chicago and they have been for 1.5 months now. They were visiting family in early May when my 2 year old got sick, was in the hospital, etc. He's now getting treatment, but it's best for him to be there and not here (little town in the mountains) for his treatment. I've seen the family for 3 days since May 1st.

This will probably be my worst one yet, also considering my daughter will be walking any day now and I'll probably miss it... On a brighter note, I'll be there for a few days next weekend.
Wow.Sorry to hear that. I hope for the best for you and your family.

budsang1

From 45's to STi's
Reaction score
It was my first father's day. Took the boy to the zoo. Was fun, a little too young to get everything out of it, but I think he enjoyed it.

TonzKnock-G

Donating Member
Reaction score
^^^Lol son was like whoa there dad, a little too close. No plans for me really.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
Meeting Dad and my brothers for a drink, then Mindy and I taking Carly to a car show.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
Happy Father's Day Dad's!

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida

Prayers and best wishes for happier times for you. Hug your kids when you can.

Happy Father's Day to all you dads on the site.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom