Fat Willy's Slow Cooker Hot Wings (seriously the best wings you'll ever eat)

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
I like wings but can't stand it when they are really chewy and hard to get to the meat. I decided to try slow cooking them to make the meat fall of the bone and it works. If you put them in the oven for 30 minutes after slow cooking them they will have a really crispness to them but super tender and fall of the bone every time.

Ingredients

• Wings (frozen or fresh)
  • Favorite buffalo sauce

Cooking steps. (5hours total)
  • Place wings in slow cooker
  • Pour about a half a cup of the wing sauce over the wings
  • Cook on low for 4 hours
  • Preheat oven for 400*
  • Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and gently place wings on sheet
  • Place in oven for 30 minutes flipping once half way
  • Be careful as wings are super tender and will fall off the bone
  • Pour remaining wing sauce in bowl
  • Roll your wings in the sauce
  • Serve and eat.
  • Wait for everyone to say they are the best wings you've ever had and why do no restaraunts slow cook their wings.

n0RDA5i.jpg

pmBw5mq.jpg

qHtQMLt.jpg

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
It's dead but ima buy new by spring
You can make them on a charcoal too but you need indirect heat.

-Take your wings and pat them dry and put them on a rack in your fridge an hour before you cook them.
-Add 1 cup of corn starch to a gallon zip lock. Season the corn starch with anything you want (I used either dried dill or Franks red hot seasoning depending on wing flavor).
-Toss 6-8 wings in the bag at a time, shake off excess corn starch with a set of tongs.
-The best results I find is on the propane grill. Pre-heat for 20-30 mins on med-high heat. Spray the grate with oil and turn the burners down as low as possible when you put the wings on.
-Flip every 10 mins for 40-45 mins. You should see the corn starch turn from white powder to a crispy golden brown.
-Toss in sauce and enjoy. The thicker the sauce, the more the wing will keep their crispiness.

D60DB9A8-6DAF-41CF-93F8-81C5D5F2E8BE.jpeg

F47D79E6-EA61-42C8-B704-0BB01A46A235.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info