TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
Bernie Sanders No GIF

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
pretty interesting to see, OMAD seems the most extreme form of this too yah? it seems difficult to argue with the middle eastern cancer rates. my US working hours may switch to more of a euro/US schedule in which case i should have the opportunity to sleep more/eat less/try this out more easily, so hoping that happens and will see what i can try changing up.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
pretty interesting to see, OMAD seems the most extreme form of this too yah? it seems difficult to argue with the middle eastern cancer rates. my US working hours may switch to more of a euro/US schedule in which case i should have the opportunity to sleep more/eat less/try this out more easily, so hoping that happens and will see what i can try changing up.
How is omad the most extreme when there are a few of us going multiple days without eating? OMAD is honestly pretty easy.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
How is omad the most extreme when there are a few of us going multiple days without eating? OMAD is honestly pretty easy.
i guess anything beyond OMAD i don't see people regularly doing. eg. maybe they occasionally do a 3 day fast or whatever, but i assume no one out there is only eating every 3 days. not voluntarily at least...

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Will try seven days fasting and see how it goes. Never done it before.
You done a 3 day before?

1-2 days is easy, 3 days gets uncomfortable for me at the end, but usually only at the end of the day before bed. The next day isn't bad in the morning when I wake up. I've usually broken fast at that point and had a meal though.

I think 7 days with nothing but water is extreme though.

Will try seven days fasting and see how it goes. Never done it before.
Do you mean you will try intermittent fasting for a week? If so, it is ok, because I do 16:8 for 7 days once a month. Usually, I follow this guide https://betterme.world/articles/16-8-intermittent-fasting-7-day-meal-plan/ I should say, it works great for me. I lost weight and feel more energetic.
But still, it is important to consult a doctor before you start (if you haven't done it yet, of course). Also, for the successful implementation of intermittent fasting, you need to consider some things first, like choosing a convenient eating window, including a variety of nutrient-rich foods in your diet, eating to satiety, etc.
In case you do everything properly, you will see the result and you will want to continue, believe me. Good luck!

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I do 16:8 basically every day and notice virtually no difference. I donā€™t eat until lunch at 11a, so 16:8 is easy. This isnā€™t for any special reason except that I donā€™t like breakfast

I think itā€™s been pretty solidly proven than when calories are equated, thereā€™s nothing special about normal meal timing vs fasting

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info