Movie Fast X

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
The Fast and Furious franchise continues to be a global phenomenon, just not as much as you might think in the United States. Fast X, the latest movie in the franchise and the first part of the series’ finale, debuted in the U.S. on May 19 and was met with tepid reception at the box office, with just $67.5 million over the opening weekend. But, the rest of the world met the Fast Family’s latest adventure with open arms, pushing it to a massive $319 million opening worldwide.

While the domestic opening wasn’t so impressive, putting it fifth for the year behind the Mario movie, both new Marvel movies, and John Wick 4, the international opening is a whole different story. The $319 million total internationally makes Fast X the second biggest opening of the year, behind only the Mario movie’s massive $377 million.

Hahahah… you know it’s trash when you get beat by Mario.

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
Fast And Furious Respect GIF by The Fast Saga
you have NO idea.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Why ?

I kinda think nobody is casting dwayne johnson in movies anymore, so maybe that's why. Dude did like 3-4 movies a year (seriously, how) from 2013-2019 and played the same character in every one. After his last few movies bombed maybe the studios finally realized that brainless action flicks starring DJ have lost their luster.

F&F though...that brainless action franchise will never cease...so it might as well have the rock in it i guess. Anything is better than that cringey douchebag vin diesel

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I kinda think nobody is casting dwayne johnson in movies anymore, so maybe that's why. Dude did like 3-4 movies a year (seriously, how) from 2013-2019 and played the same character in every one. After his last few movies bombed maybe the studios finally realized that brainless action flicks starring DJ have lost their luster.

F&F though...that brainless action franchise will never cease...so it might as well have the rock in it i guess. Anything is better than that cringey douchebag vin diesel
He stepped on the wrong toes with his Black Adam movie/project, and pissed off a lot of people. He’s taking anything he can get now.

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

Thread Info