Fall/Winter Hobby Plans

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
OK fellow car/motorcycle/braaptivity enthusiasts....what are your plans for winter. Buying, selling, modding, what's up.

I'm hoping to get my race license at ACC north this saturday, then I'll actually probably tear the bike down and start selling factory/street stuff that I don't need. There aren't any other track days that I'm interested in, and i've spent enough this year, so it might be time to call it a season if I get my license this weekend. The bike is already on slicks so fall street riding is out.

I'll sell the stock fairings and lights, then likely sell the wheels/rotors and let the bike sit ugly and naked until I find a good deal on carbon fiber wheels, or until spring when I'll buy new stuff. It's also time for a new suit, but i'll worry about that in spring

Plastics I'm interested in..basically the same plastics that are on the HP4 race

G9EiMH0.jpg

Wheels...these are about 7 lbs lighter than the forged aluminum wheels I have on the bike now

Reactions: 1MEANGT and DEEZUZ

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Sell the bike to Conrad
Dump money into baby stuff
BRAAAAAAAAP
Lmao lmao lmao, It'll have to be reallllll cheap to get me to buy a red bike. I have a feeling there will be some real good deals on gorgeous blue bobbers here this fall or winter.

I just don't think i'll use it enough to justify the cost

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Well was hoping to have had an offer on the Regal so I had an excuse to go buy a Trackhawk. But I gotta drive the fucking Regal for people to see it to get a legit offer lol. So off to my interior guy it will go in Milwaukee next week sometime. Then, more than likely will be painted again not a show quality paint job but something better than a $1200 garage paint job thats on it now. I have a donor Escalade waiting for me to pick up with a 6.0 in it. So hopefully we will get the swap done as well. If all continues to go well at work and my partner and I give ourselves nice healthy bonuses again April 1st. Then Trackhawk is back in my plans and will dump the Tahoe.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I seem to enjoy working on my cars way more in the winter.

I just finished gathering all of the parts for a 427sbf, so I plan to get that to a machine shop at some point in the next 2-3 months. This engine will eventually be going into my '90 Mustang.

I also just started seriously working on my '88 GT that I've had sitting for years. I hope to have the floors replaced and the engine out of it before spring.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I seem to enjoy working on my cars way more in the winter.

I just finished gathering all of the parts for a 427sbf, so I plan to get that to a machine shop at some point in the next 2-3 months. This engine will eventually be going into my '90 Mustang.

I also just started seriously working on my '88 GT that I've had sitting for years. I hope to have the floors replaced and the engine out of it before spring.

Shouldve just bought my setup. :s00ls:

Reactions: LikeABauce302

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Shouldve just bought my setup. :s00ls:

I probably would have 2 years ago when I started buying things. Now I'm too deep into it that I'd lose money selling everything.

Here's what I'm building
Man O War 9.5 deck 4.125 bore
Callie's Magnum 4" stroke crank
Oliver Standard Light 6.200 rods
Wiseco 2618 pistons
John Bewley spec'd turbo cam
TEA High Port 225 heads
LGM shaft rockers
Morel hydraulic lifters
Innovator's West flying magnet balancer
Super Victor EFI intake
All ARP hardware

It's going to eventually end up between the fenders with a pair of S366 turbos. Should make for a fun street/strip car.

Reactions: FESTER665

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
Finishing up renovating a Kitchen/Dining Room/ Family room open concept in the next 2 months
Wife is due in 4 weeks so things should get interesting.

If I manage to find car time among baby time.
Datsun 510 - All parts finally bought just need to install
Stainless fuel lines bent and installed
New brake lines and Tilton brake bias adjuster
Alternater/Trans harness
Engine Harness for Haltech 1500
Headlight/Turnsignal/Oil pressure/Temp harness.
Stainless Exhaust
Passenger side seat rails.
AC condensor and lines for the new HVAC system
Rear camber install on the rear subframe
Stereo/2 channel amp/Speakers

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I'm hoping to keep myself occupied this winter by finishing renovations on our place on the chain. I'd like to re-do the cabinets and counter tops in the kitchen, paint the bedrooms and go the flooring and trim work. That would leave the bathroom and loft for next year.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info