• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Fair Mufflers in Lagrange....

Fair Muffler In LaGrange

The Best In Exhaust
Reaction score
:D Fair muffler in lagrange is offering big savings to ilgpc members. All you have to do is mention your a member and see what a good deal you will get with us. Fair is owned and operated by a highly experienced certified mechanic. We do All performance exhaust work. We have 2 locations for your convenience. We offer free estimates!
Fair Muffler in Lagrange(southside)
1 East Plainfield Rd
La Grange, Il 60525
708-354-2011
"Ask for Ray"

Ceds Auto Service(northside)
3940 W Grand Ave
Chicago, Il 60651
773-384-3646
"Ask for MJ"

ThaLord

Reaction score
hmm... normally I wouldn't allow commercial posting, epecially without first contacting me... but.. I did get my work done there.. so.. maybe we will let this slide.

John

chipmonk212121

Reaction score
Originally posted by ThaLord@Sep 29 2005, 03:00 PM
hmm... normally I wouldn't allow commercial posting, epecially without first contacting me... but.. I did get my work done there.. so.. maybe we will let this slide.

John
[snapback]99252[/snapback]​
I got the same price from james dean and fair mufflers.... who would you go with??

rjaz gtp

Reaction score
No offense but James Dean does great work and also the work on over 40+ GP's in this club...

framos242

Drink the shot, pussy....
Reaction score
Originally posted by rjaz gtp@Sep 29 2005, 04:08 PM
James Dean does great work
[snapback]99280[/snapback]​
x2

bigsammoe

Reaction score
iam kinda in a nut shell dont know who to go to! think i should do my exhuast before or after winter?

ThaLord

Reaction score
the guy who did my exhaust... is no longer at this fair muffler.. he is the person at James Dean... so .. maybe they shouldn't be allowed to post commercially since he isn't the same guy.. I have been informed via PM.

My buck would go to the James Dean Dream Team..lol

EDIT: the only difference is.. I think James Dean cannot do Mandrell Bending.. someone correct me if I am wrong.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Reaction score
Originally posted by ThaLord@Sep 29 2005, 06:49 PM
the guy who did my exhaust... is no longer at this fair muffler.. he is the person at James Dean... so .. maybe they shouldn't be allowed to post commercially since he isn't the same guy.. I have been informed via PM.

EDIT: the only difference is.. I think James Dean cannot do Mandrell Bending.. someone correct me if I am wrong.
[snapback]99293[/snapback]​
i got my work done there i broughtthem two mufflers and they did a 3inch cat back there for 70(2.5 right after cat then tehn uses a reducer to three inchso i cna use the stck cat, sounded great, but they only do crush bent, but they bend it in som parts it the point were its manderal then welds on a couple of simmiler peices so bends arnt as crushed , they can also order a flange for a dp so it doesnt bottle neck at the manifold exit like james deans do i think there 2.1 where they meettehn uses a reducer to go to 3 inch,

12secGTP

Reaction score
Originally posted by ThaLord@Sep 29 2005, 05:49 PM

There are are very few places that can do mandrel bending... the equipment is VERY expensive. You would be hard pressed to find an everyday shop like midas, etc that would have a mandrel bender....

Jim is still the man. I will always take all my cars to him.

chipmonk212121

Reaction score
ok cool.... sounds like a plan.... ill try to get jim to match the price at fair.... they said 660 out the door..... jims place was 660 plus tax

bigsammoe

Reaction score
for a U del, cat back 2 1/2 pipe Y and 2 muff and tips 350 done deal

i think debating now or after winter

chipmonk212121

Reaction score
350??? does that include the DP too? cuz w/ DP james dean quoted me 660 plus tax

bigsammoe

Reaction score
my price was just for a cat-back exhaust no DP iam also a impala but same under carrige

framos242

Reaction score
Originally posted by ThaLord@Sep 29 2005, 05:49 PM
I think James Dean cannot do Mandrell Bending.. someone correct me if I am wrong.
Jim does mandrell bending.

ThaLord

Reaction score
although I could be wrong.. I think you should double check that.. last time I heard.. he does not..

framos242

Reaction score
John,

I saw him bending the pipes for my GP. This was back in late May.

Starfire

Reaction score
My first post, but had to chime in. My dad has a 1982 delta 88 with a 72 455 in it (about 550 HP :D ) and had some exhaust done at James Dean, and it is easliy about some of the best damn work I've seen, it's beautiful, solid as a rock and sounds frickin' awesome! Highly recommened

chipmonk212121

Reaction score
....pss i got 550 hp sitting in my driveway.... too bad its split between 3 vehicles... :lolsign:

Fair Muffler In LaGrange

The Best In Exhaust
Reaction score
Originally posted by ThaLord@Sep 29 2005, 02:00 PM

John
[snapback]99252[/snapback]​
Thanks for allowing our post to stay. It never occured to me that I might have to okay it with the admin first. In any case, thanks again :) I appreciate it!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom