F150-1 Smart Car-0

BluBeaSSt

TCG Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Kansas City Mo
Another grand reason why NOT to have a Smart Car

Today just got done helping a friend move, just rolling down the street minding my own business and BAM. So I look in my rear view mirror and I've been tagged in the ass by a Smart car. I pull over, well guess what Cop saw the whole thing.

So the older lady in the Smart car looks as her bumper and starts crying as it's basically folded up under her car and her hood was wrinkled. I look at my old 95 F150 and NOTHING!

Cop get's my name for the police report and off I go....

There's NO WAY IN FUCK those car's can be safe, imagine how dead she would of been if she would of hit me harder?

Alacran

GM fanatic
Jan 18, 2009
Chicago
Another grand reason why NOT to have a Smart Car

Today just got done helping a friend move, just rolling down the street minding my own business and BAM. So I look in my rear view mirror and I've been tagged in the ass by a Smart car. I pull over, well guess what Cop saw the whole thing.

So the older lady in the Smart car looks as her bumper and starts crying as it's basically folded up under her car and her hood was wrinkled. I look at my old 95 F150 and NOTHING!

Cop get's my name for the police report and off I go....

There's NO WAY IN FUCK those car's can be safe, imagine how dead she would of been if she would of hit me harder?

pictures or it did not happen!

Alacran

GM fanatic
Jan 18, 2009
Chicago
The frame, or their exoskeleton, isn't designed to crumple. everything else around it is. The frame is the one that protects the people from outside objects.

What?!? Outside objects? We are talking about a collision and the lack of crumple zones in the smart car. The car may survive an accident but the driver or passengers will absorb all of the impact b/c it is too rigid and small.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info