F150-1 Smart Car-0

BluBeaSSt

Reaction score
Another grand reason why NOT to have a Smart Car

Today just got done helping a friend move, just rolling down the street minding my own business and BAM. So I look in my rear view mirror and I've been tagged in the ass by a Smart car. I pull over, well guess what Cop saw the whole thing.

So the older lady in the Smart car looks as her bumper and starts crying as it's basically folded up under her car and her hood was wrinkled. I look at my old 95 F150 and NOTHING!

Cop get's my name for the police report and off I go....

There's NO WAY IN FUCK those car's can be safe, imagine how dead she would of been if she would of hit me harder?

Riski

Suck my balls!
Reaction score
When it is a tiny box, what do they expect.....They get great gas mileage but I perfer to pay a lil more at the pump and walk/drive away from an accident....

SHOmuff

Doing the damn thing.
Reaction score
When it is a tiny box, what do they expect.....They get great gas mileage but I perfer to pay a lil more at the pump and walk/drive away from an accident....
Don't they only get like 35mpg? Not really that great considering its size. You can get better gas mileage in a hybrid Civic which is twice the size.

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
33/41 mpg city/highway

They're shit cars

Diavolo

Needs more turbos
Reaction score
Only 41? I got 32 at 75 mph on my trip to Columbus. I was expecting over 50. Do they make a hybrid model?

[email protected]

Family Car Owner
Reaction score
But, they make a busa swap for them that sweet as hell. I would love to troll around with something like that looking for street races.

Alacran

GM fanatic
Reaction score
Another grand reason why NOT to have a Smart Car

Today just got done helping a friend move, just rolling down the street minding my own business and BAM. So I look in my rear view mirror and I've been tagged in the ass by a Smart car. I pull over, well guess what Cop saw the whole thing.

So the older lady in the Smart car looks as her bumper and starts crying as it's basically folded up under her car and her hood was wrinkled. I look at my old 95 F150 and NOTHING!

Cop get's my name for the police report and off I go....

There's NO WAY IN FUCK those car's can be safe, imagine how dead she would of been if she would of hit me harder?
pictures or it did not happen!

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
my old crx got 42mpg with mixed driving and ran high 16's. pathetic smart cars.

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Reaction score
why do people equate crumpled cars with unsafe? New cars are designed to crumple, it absorbs impacts.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
i remember seeing crash footage of smart cars and they could survive an impact just fine....it was the bouncing around afterwards that people are worried about. looks like a pinball! imagine it shooting across into on coming traffic after a crash.

Alacran

GM fanatic
Reaction score
why do people equate crumpled cars with unsafe? New cars are designed to crumple, it absorbs impacts.
Incorrect, Smart cars dont have crumple zones. They are designed so they dont crumple so the driver absorbs the impact.

That was point of going through and showing people demos of the car wrecking. Its all over youtube.

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Reaction score
The frame, or their exoskeleton, isn't designed to crumple. everything else around it is. The frame is the one that protects the people from outside objects.

Alacran

GM fanatic
Reaction score
The frame, or their exoskeleton, isn't designed to crumple. everything else around it is. The frame is the one that protects the people from outside objects.
What?!? Outside objects? We are talking about a collision and the lack of crumple zones in the smart car. The car may survive an accident but the driver or passengers will absorb all of the impact b/c it is too rigid and small.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom