F**kin exhaust leak

noavgcobra

Reaction score
i have a small leak up at the manifold after installing the mac prochamber(last year). finally getting sick of hearing it and i want to take care of it. i tried once by repositioning the mid pipe but it is still there. sounds like the drivers side. any ideas? gasket or sealer or anything...lmk thanks

99 Stangbanger

Phantom Fury
Reaction score
Sounds like another case of the Spacer causing issues again. If you look at it you will see a factory spacer, that is whats causing your Pipe not to sit and mount fully imo.

The way I flixed mine and my friends with the same isssue was to remove that stud with that spacer on it and get a fully threaded bolt to replace it with. For some reason this spacer does not like aftermarket exhust. This was done on my 99 and my friends 01 so if you got that thing on your car chances are its the slut thats screwing ya.

I wouldnt play around with exhust muds, sealers extra gaskets when all your doing is masking the issue imo. Chances are you will be back under there once it fails again. Look to see if you have that spacer ony our Term!

I have a buddy who owns a muffler shop so if you need to get your car on a lift and have it done right for cheap pm me and I will give you his info.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Reaction score
Yeah man that gasket is total bullshit. It doesn't help that MAC products fit like shit....Id replace the gasket and try to get the midpipe as close to the header as you can. Try putting a floor jack under the midpipe. I fixed this problem by using MAC LT's now a have 2 exhaust leaks...Fuckin Mac blows...NEVER again...

Kevin

OP
noavgcobra

noavgcobra

Reaction score
thanks guys im figuring on having someone else fix this for me i tired of being under this car

TCG Member 5219

Reaction score
I'll help you if you want? Oh, and do you have that extra flange piece that fits in the end of the pipe on there like mine did>? You will need that for the cobra, but not on a GT.

OP
noavgcobra

noavgcobra

Reaction score
Jiggy_One said:
I'll help you if you want? Oh, and do you have that extra flange piece that fits in the end of the pipe on there like mine did>? You will need that for the cobra, but not on a GT.
i cant remember installing it. might have to order one from mac thanks for reminding me about that piece..

TCG Member 5219

Reaction score
noavgcobra said:
i cant remember installing it. might have to order one from mac thanks for reminding me about that piece..
Remember we put that piece in my car? I later found out that it needed to be there for the cobra. I also bet that if you do have it installed, then maybe its all spread out and needs to be replaced to make a better seal. Let me know if you are gonna mess with it. I'd love to help, and I do take check or CC for my services....

:laughing2

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom