F*ck!!!!!!!!!!! I need immediate help!!

doodad

Reaction score
I broke this guys, i wanna know if i would be safe driving around like this. other 4 are very tight. I need immediate help!!

I drove my LT1 around with one missing bolt like a year.

batman

Surrounded by 10 points
Reaction score
Yes your fine...just get it fixed

ChicagoMike

Reaction score
NO that is not safe. Extra stress on the rest of the wheelstuds. Could snap off at any time. I'd replace all the wheelstuds...

OP
doodad

doodad

Reaction score
Box 2 said:
Yes your fine...just get it fixed
Get it fixed? how come? it is broke, don't i need new half shafts or something? excuse me please i am not that knowledgable!

ChicagoMike

Reaction score
All you need are new wheelstuds, the halfshafts are fine.

doodad said:
Get it fixed? how come? it is broke, don't i need new half shafts or something? excuse me please i am not that knowledgable!

batman

Surrounded by 10 points
Reaction score
look for wheel studs...ARP, Moroso sells them

OP
doodad

doodad

Reaction score
ChicagoMike said:
All you need are new wheelstuds, the halfshafts are fine.
Where can i get them?

WhtSuperStang

Jack Bauer > Chuck Norris
Reaction score
ur fine....

u can prolly just take the wheel off and pound that out and get a new one from autozone or what not and put it in

its ok to drive... that happened to me on my cobra and when we were working on my friends car... not hard to do

OP
doodad

doodad

Reaction score
also i need to drive my car now, can't i drive untill i get it fixed?

WhtSuperStang

Reaction score
no u can drive it it wont hurt anything......just to be safe i wouldnt womp on the car but u should be fine driving it...

OP
doodad

doodad

Reaction score
WhtSuperStang said:
ur fine....

u can prolly just take the wheel off and pound that out and get a new one from autozone or what not and put it in

its ok to drive... that happened to me on my cobra and when we were working on my friends car... not hard to do
thank god, i was gonna f*cking cry :biggthump

i know i was driving my lt1 around one missing bolt like a year

WhtSuperStang

Reaction score
doodad said:
thank god, i was gonna f*cking cry :biggthump

lol i know how u feel man when i broke it on my cobra i thought it was the end of the world lol but u should be A OK :biggthump

OP
doodad

doodad

Reaction score
so at advance auto parts can i find this? is there any part number or they are all the same? and how in the hell do you do the job?

also as you see on the last photo, how can i take the piece out of there? i am and idiot!! it was tight and i was still tightening it!! :(

thanks

Dana

Bluesmobile
Reaction score
doodad said:
so at advance auto parts can i find this? is there any part number or they are all the same? and how in the hell do you do the job?

also as you see on the last photo, how can i take the piece out of there? i am and idiot!! it was tight and i was still tightening it!! :(

thanks
Get a replacement lug nut. Don't bother trying to remove the broken piece ftom the nut.
Autozone or Ford dealer will have the stud.

OP
doodad

doodad

Reaction score
Thanks a lot guys.. I just couldn't drive around like that, i went ahead bought stud hammered the old one out and draw the new one in and put back my street tires on and i am good to go!! Damn, it scared the sh*t out of me:D I will go to jiffie lube and ask them to tight all the bolts up with that torque machine.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Reaction score
I once drive home with 2 out of the 5 wheel studs holding my wheel on. It was on one of my crap boxes back in the day. I was waiting for the wheel to fall off but it hung on. Don't worry no highway action just a short drive home from a friend's house. I wouldn't worry about one... :cool:

P.s. If I saw your cobra at jeffy lube, Id straight up smack you in the face, those 'kids' and I mean KIDS are ass hats and don't know their head from their rear...No way id let them near my 30 grand cobra or my daily driver crap shooters...

Kevin

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Reaction score
RD SNAKE said:
I once drive home with 2 out of the 5 wheel studs holding my wheel on. It was on one of my crap boxes back in the day.

Kevin
I almost pissed in my pants when I read that!!!

OP
doodad

doodad

Reaction score
RD SNAKE said:
P.s. If I saw your cobra at jeffy lube, Id straight up smack you in the face, those 'kids' and I mean KIDS are ass hats and don't know their head from their rear...No way id let them near my 30 grand cobra or my daily driver crap shooters...

Kevin
:D true, where do you guys get your oil changes? i need that air machine to tight the bolts up good. i was tightening the bolts and i was stepping on torque wrench and jumping on it to make the bolts as tight as possible and while i was jumping on torque wrecnh stud broke. when i put the street tires back on, i took easy but i need to tighten them up pretty good.

I honestly had cold sweat when i broke that!!! :-o

96blkSVT

Reaction score
Ummmm.... Im no master mechanic, but you are only supposed to tighten them to a certain spec, thats why you should use a torque wrench after you tighten them. You aren't supposed to overtighten them

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Reaction score
doodad said:
:D true, where do you guys get your oil changes? i need that air machine to tight the bolts up good. i was tightening the bolts and i was stepping on torque wrench and jumping on it to make the bolts as tight as possible and while i was jumping on torque wrecnh stud broke. when i put the street tires back on, i took easy but i need to tighten them up pretty good.

I honestly had cold sweat when i broke that!!! :-o
I change my oil myself, But I hear the dealers do top notch work, after all they did build these cars :dunno:

Ummm yeah jumping up and down on the torque wrench broke the wheel stud. I don't think you were using a trque wrench. But they should be tighten to around 100 foot lbs.

Kevin

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Reaction score
96blkSVT said:
Ummmm.... Im no master mechanic, but you are only supposed to tighten them to a certain spec, thats why you should use a torque wrench after you tighten them. You aren't supposed to overtighten them
Yeah that's the right way....I thought this was common stuff, like putting gas in a car..guess not...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom