Extreme experience date booked

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
My wife got me an extreme experience package for my birthday back in July. I didn’t book anything for this year because the car I wanted to drive was sold out every event and the days for autobahn were all north track.
Today i Saw that 2022 dates were posted. I booked the Porsche GT3 RS on 4/30 Autobahn South :cool:
I’m looking forward to it.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
It was an awesome time. I just did it this past Sunday. My Wife got it for me as my B-Day gift too... Did the pre-run in a Charger Hellcat, then my actual drive was in a C8. It is a smaller track (where they run this event on, not the full Autobahn track), and in the front straight, I saw around 108mph on the in car video that I also got. Passed the AMG GT-R and the Shelby GT500 in my 3 laps.

imagejpeg_0(2).jpg

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
It was an awesome time. I just did it this past Sunday. My Wife got it for me as my B-Day gift too... Did the pre-run in a Charger Hellcat, then my actual drive was in a C8. It is a smaller track (where they run this event on, not the full Autobahn track), and in the front straight, I saw around 108mph on the in car video that I also got. Passed the AMG GT-R and the Shelby GT500 in my 3 laps.

View attachment 102250
Nice! Was the ride in the Charger a ride along or did they let you take that for a lap too? How was the C8?

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Ride along.

You actually take a debriefing class before anything. They explain the cones they set up around the track to help identify when to lift, when to brake, then when to steer (in the direction of the corner you're going in to). Pretty basic stuff.

When I went on the ride along, my guide, Fast Freddy (who I asked to go with me in the Vette), had me watch his hands as he was apexing corners, to help me do things smoothly and efficiently. So that ride along was very useful.

I haven't driven a C7 or previous gen Vette aggressively, so I can't tell you differences, but as much as people hated that interior of the C8 in pics, I loved it. It was tight, cockpit'ish. I LOVE the steering wheel. From there I went out and did my thing with Fast Freddy guiding me what to do. Coming from the V, which is no slouch in handling, or the GTO, what was quickly evident zero body roll, both side to side going through corners, but also forward/aft in transition from braking to rolling on the power. This car was flat. I found myself lifting at the orange cones, and then starting to ride the brakes almost immediately before even getting to the red braking cones, simply because I am used to that extra mass of my two whips. This led me to not be as progressive in my braking as I should've been. As I said, I was gently riding them, then the corner would come up, and I would have to work them harder then necessary to scrub speed and make my turn with the car flat/neutral using all 4 tires. That is something they try to hammer home in the pre-driving course and then when you're out there. Keep the car as flat/neutrally balanced as possible.

My take away is that I really think this should be more like 5 - 10 laps. Just as you get a cadence down, you're dialing in how the car likes to work the corners, and you're getting comfortable, it's the 3rd lap and you're done. But still it's awesome no matter...

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
Glad you enjoyed it!

The way you describe braking is why people new to tracking boil their brakes. Long applications just generate way more heat than shorter harder applications of the brake.

Now bring one of the cars out to a track day next summer and lets get more TCG people out there :)

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
That was in my mind as I was realizing I was doing that long application.

Now I have a hankering to do so. Always been in to drag racing, and while I enjoy taking some backroads around my area where you can get a little saucy, doing so in a controlled environment where you can really get aggressive without fear, entices me.

Reactions: WhiteKnuckle

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Yea, something around that IIRC.
That's good at least. I could justify spending $400 for 3 hot laps in a gt3 rs at road america. ACC north where lap times are sub 1:10...i'm too much of a cheap ass for that lol.

With the OP having track experience I'm super curious how he'll like it

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
And to add, the track they use at Autobahn is the shorter, north section. So the three laps go by very quickly and you're very limited on space to run.
Kind of by design. Can get in a lot less trouble having complete noobs out there not having straights you can hit 150+mph on.

Plenty of money has been lost not braking enough into Turn 2 on the North course.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
Am I seeing correctly that it's $430 for 3 laps in a gt3 RS? Is that an out lap, 3 flying laps, then the in lap?

Gonna be awesome, I just couldn't justify the cost

They probably bought it on Groupon. Like this one.

Ride-Along or Driving Experience in a Sports Car from West Coast Exotics Group (Up to 77% Off)

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
Did the extreme experience today. I will admit going into it i wasn't very excited since I am very familiar with the track and doing 3 laps is a pretty big tease. That being said, it was a blast.
The GT3 RS feels like a cheat code on the track. The instructor asked if i had any experience on the track and moved me to the front. He let me rip it pretty good but definitely was telling me to brake early and lift in spots. I still got to go fast enough to have fun. Just going by the time on the video the lap was about 1:54s which was about 5 seconds slower than i went in my Camaro SS 1LE in the cold and wet April 3rd.
If you drop a wheel off the track they charge you a $200 inspection fee lol. If you wreck, its on you. They do make you buy some track insurance but nothing that would cover a $190k car.
Would i recommend it? As a gift it was awesome. For what my wife paid i could have paid for two whole track days which i would rather do. If i got the chance again i would do the package that includes three cars to get more of the "supercar" experience.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info