Experiences with Carnica?

muskie

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2011
Palatine
So I was washing the truck and found a couple chips on the passenger side bed. They appear to be down to the metal so I want to get them fixed ASAP.

They are rather small, standard rock chip size and I can only see two little flakes. I thought about a Dr Color Chip kit but due to the depth of the chip I may just get it filled professionally.

I've heard Carnica specializes in that kind of thing and can usually repair without spraying the whole panel. Has anyone had any experience with them or having small chips filled? How was the color matching?

Truck is less than a year old so I can't imagine there would need to be too much blending. My main concern is if it is really down to the metal stopping any potential rust from starting.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
Glad to figured it out.

I used Carnica way back when and they did work on my Grabber Orange GT.

The rear bumper was cracked with spider cracks and what not, and I had to go back 2-3 times to get it touched up in a year or so.

I suggest using the Dr. color kit in the least inconspicuous spot of the car, try a toothpick, do not use anything with cotton as it will stick, like q-tips, etc.

Maybe run by Autozone and get 2000-3000 grit sand paper in case you get a little paint outisde of the hole you're filling.

I've done this a few times, so, if you need some help, Palatine isn't far or I can always talk you through it.

-Chris

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info