Experiences with Carnica?

muskie

Reaction score
So I was washing the truck and found a couple chips on the passenger side bed. They appear to be down to the metal so I want to get them fixed ASAP.

They are rather small, standard rock chip size and I can only see two little flakes. I thought about a Dr Color Chip kit but due to the depth of the chip I may just get it filled professionally.

I've heard Carnica specializes in that kind of thing and can usually repair without spraying the whole panel. Has anyone had any experience with them or having small chips filled? How was the color matching?

Truck is less than a year old so I can't imagine there would need to be too much blending. My main concern is if it is really down to the metal stopping any potential rust from starting.

Bub

Pitter Patter
Donating Member
Reaction score
No. Try again. Mismatched, dirt in the paint. Cheap shit. Have them repaired professionally or just use a touch up pen. /Thread

muskie

Reaction score
No. Try again. Mismatched, dirt in the paint. Cheap shit. Have them repaired professionally or just use a touch up pen. /Thread
And this is exactly what I was looking for. All the Yelp reviews seemed positive but never knew anyone to actually use it.

Thanks!

Grabber

Oh Hai
Reaction score
Glad to figured it out.

I used Carnica way back when and they did work on my Grabber Orange GT.

The rear bumper was cracked with spider cracks and what not, and I had to go back 2-3 times to get it touched up in a year or so.

I suggest using the Dr. color kit in the least inconspicuous spot of the car, try a toothpick, do not use anything with cotton as it will stick, like q-tips, etc.

Maybe run by Autozone and get 2000-3000 grit sand paper in case you get a little paint outisde of the hole you're filling.

I've done this a few times, so, if you need some help, Palatine isn't far or I can always talk you through it.

-Chris

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom