? Experiences with accepting VENMO payments - is it Risky Business?

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I’ve sold a ton of things and taken Venmo as payment but it’s always been in person. I’ve sold some pricier things too ($5k)It’s a PayPal company but I don’t think there is anything someone can do about getting their money back. Maybe I’m wrong

Reactions: HeavyG

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Does PayPal or Venmo offer any kind of double validation, as in providing a driver’s license, and personal info?

Recently inquired about a car on auto trader and was asked if I wanted to validate myself so the buyer knew I was a real person.
In person Venmo transactions it’ll ask for the last 4 digits of your phone number and that’s it. I just sold some shit for $700 and got paid with Venmo.

Reactions: HeavyG

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Must be a bank limit then. It’s the same for sending and receiving. $4999.99

I paid for half my last car with Venmo because I couldn’t get enough money out from my bank thru an affiliate bank.
Usually the banks. They had my Zelle sending limit set at like $200 a day (Chase).
I had to call them and tell them they need to bump that shit up, so now I can do $3k per day.

Limey

Addict
Jan 11, 2010
I didn't know that you could send money as G&S through Venmo. I'm hate being a Paypal only dinosaur.
I'm sure you figured it out by now but it also can be the same name as your PayPal account as well

Screenshot_20230531-012104~2.png

Reactions: v6buicks
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info