🔖 Deals experienced mechanic built 2000 impala!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
2000 Chevy Impala LS, $3000 OBO

:rollpicard:

i nearly shit myself reading that...

Up for sale is my 2000 Impala. I bought this car in 2007 with 114,730 miles on it. Since then, I've replaced pretty much everything. This car was my graduation present to myself. Right off the bat, I had a new front/rear bumper, new foglamps, new headlamps, and new grille put on it within a month of owning it. The whole course of ownership has been fun (five years Tomorrow on July 1st) but I'm ready for something faster.

Around mid-April, I did an oil change and when I started the car, I noticed a small squeaking noise coming from the rear of the engine. I pulled the valve cover off and used a mechanic's stethoscope, traced the noise to a squeaky bearing on the roller of the valve lifter at Cylinder 4 Exhaust port. As I have experience and a spare car, I removed the engine from the car and replaced mostly everything. The only original parts left are the crankshaft, crank/cam bearings, pistons and connecting rods. Cosmetically engine-wise, I bought a new upper intake manifold for the car, painted/polished the throttle body and throttle butterfly inside. I bought 2000-2002 Camaro V6 valvecovers (aluminum versions of what originally came on the car. I think they look better) and tied it together with an old school paint scheme. 1963-1977 Chevy Orange on the engine block, heads, timing cover, bright silver on the lower intake manifold, and gloss black on the upper intake manifold, throttle body, and oil pan.

What I replaced internally was as follows: new valve springs, new valve locks, newer heads (04 Monte Carlo SS), new lifters, new push rods, new camshaft (1997+ GTP), new timing chain / dampener / sprockets, new gaskets top to bottom including the upper intake manifold gaskets. I have a spare set that I will include with the sale of the car (came with the new upper intake manifold even though I bought the FELPRO gasket kit) , "newer" timing chain cover (backordered part through GM , no ETA on when they'll be available. Got lucky and a friend had one sitting around from his build) , new oil pump.

While I had the engine out, I also took an hour and fully detailed the engine bay. I also installed a new water pump (painted same color as engine), new alternator, and at the same time, decided to do both front brake calipers, brake hoses, rotors, pads, and both front wheel bearings while the car was down for a few weeks. I also replaced a CV shaft that the boot had torn on during the engine removal. I also replaced both lower engine mounts (engine and transmission side) and filled the upper engine mounts with polyurethane to stiffen them up a bit to ensure the bottoms won't ever break again.

In the past 12 months, the car has received the following :

A/C compressor (new, GM part)
A/C lines (firewall side, new GM part)
Power Steering Rack and Pinion (new, GM part - Impala SS sport ratio. Turns stiffer and quicker.)
Power Steering Pump (GM part)
New subframe bolts and bushings (GM)

Suspension wise, this is what's done to the car :

ZZ Performance strut combination - KYB Excel-G struts, ZZ Performance 1.5" drop springs , Monroe heavy duty strut mounts
SS Sway bars (04/05 model year parts) - Came from GM dealership.
Police model control arms with heavy duty bushings - Self explanatory, also came from GM dealer.
Heavy duty CV shafts - don't remember where I got them but they're the police models.
ZZP Shortened engine mounts - upper (when you lower the car, this remedies the CV vibration and corrects driveline angles)

Exhaust wise, the car has a 3" Downpipe from ZZperformance and a Magnaflow catalytic convertor, U-bend delete (restrictive area that reduces flow and cuts efficiency from the factory. I replaced with straight pipe with new spot for o2 sensor in rear.) and a Magnaflow resonator. The muffler is still stock and the car has a good , deep and throaty tone to it and it isn't loud or quiet. I'd say on a 1-10 in loudness, it's a 5.

The only problem with the car that I know of that isn't cosmetic is that the car needs the front low/high side A/C lines along the bottom of the radiator - the problem isn't huge. I recharge the A/C every 6-8 months, very slow leak. Only time I use the A/C is when the misses is in the car or this string of really hot days lately. It could use a recharge.

Other than that, it just needs a loving home. I want something faster and can't afford 3 cars so this has to go unfortunately.

Car will get 35 MPG on the highway if you're nice to it. When the vehicle is ready for a new owner, I will detail it prior to delivery and de-mod (install stock radio, and little stuff that I want to move to whatever I want next) and put the stock wheels on. Photos in the ad are recent within the past two weeks.

BillyBru

FoodHead
Apr 29, 2008
FrankDancesWild.gif

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
I've never seen so much pointless verbage in a for-sale add. Sounds like he's not selling a car, but telling people how great of a mechanic he is.

You mean to tell me that the buyer doesn't need to know that he has a spare car and that it took him 1 hour to detail the engine bay? lol

If he had any prospective buyers interested they probably got bored and fell asleep by the end of the first paragraph.

Gfy's? Is that plural for something? If you are going to insult someone try to make sure you don't make yourself look like a dumbass while doing so.

"Experienced mechanic" <--- That's some funny stuff right there.

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
You mean to tell me that the buyer doesn't need to know that he has a spare car and that it took him 1 hour to detail the engine bay? lol

If he had any prospective buyers interested they probably got bored and fell asleep by the end of the first paragraph.

Gfy's? Is that plural for something? If you are going to insult someone try to make sure you don't make yourself look like a dumbass while doing so.

"Experienced mechanic" <--- That's some funny stuff right there.

Well, go fuck yourself is gfy. Plural of yourselves would be selves and in cases like that, the apostrophe takes the place of the stuff. Are you my new dickswinger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info