• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

exhaust question

Toasty

Reaction score
OK... I'm lookin at buyin a gtp that has aftermarket exhaust on it, high flow cat, no res/u-bend and magnaflow mufflers... it is a bit loud for my taste, but its not horrible... would putting a resonator back in it help out or would the magnaflows need to be replaced with something else?

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
Reaction score
Originally posted by gmcjimmyguy@Dec 11 2005, 08:24 PM
OK... I'm lookin at buyin a gtp that has aftermarket exhaust on it, high flow cat, no res/u-bend and magnaflow mufflers... it is a bit loud for my taste, but its not horrible... would putting a resonator back in it help out or would the magnaflows need to be replaced with something else?
[snapback]106856[/snapback]​
i think a resonator should do it

BLACKRAVEN

Sinister Drag Designs
Reaction score
Originally posted by gmcjimmyguy@Dec 11 2005, 08:24 PM
[snapback]106856[/snapback]​
I but a summit resonator SUM-630805 for 20 bucks. it is nice but it is steal so you have to put a coat for paint on it so it doesn't rust. it help alot to quiet it done there are diffrent lengths of resonator the longer they are the quieter it will get.

Toasty

Reaction score
and i am guessing by reading the various post on here, mr ron vogel might just be the guy to put this in for me, maybe?

Toasty

Reaction score
Originally posted by gmcjimmyguy@Dec 11 2005, 09:59 PM
and i am guessing by reading the various post on here, mr ron vogel might just be the guy to put this in for me, maybe?
[snapback]106864[/snapback]​

i cant seem to find a decent resonator online anywhere... anybody have a source??

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom