Exhaust manifold to DP studs :fu:

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Just like it says. I swapped out DPs yesterday and now its "ticking" at the manifold to DP. So I try to back the nuts out to loosen it up and the damn thing passenger side is just refusing to play nice.

It's soaking in PB as I type... FML if it breaks or proves for whatever reason to be a PITA otherwise...

:picard:

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Nope, its the same DP... at least at the engine side... that I ran before and it didnt tick then.

I think Im going to have to take it off and see WTF is going on. The stud on the passenger's side looks like it backed out some.... prolly when I took the nuts off to remove the DP.

:fu:

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Yeah, what you are describing is super-common (I have done a lot of DP swaps). The studs get all wacky and the threads distort. I have run into a few nightmare ones, but fortunately never had to pull a rear mani over it.

Just make sure to chase the threads, and se anti-sieze on the studs. It will make future work much easier. I have learned to love my tap and die sets.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info