• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

🔧 Technical Exhaust cutout for boost

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
tune doesn't care, it's half way down the exhaust under the drivers door.

gotchya, yours is further back than mine on the gtp is then, the gtp's comes straight down off the downpipe right at the ground and i occasionally saw the o2 read weird because im assuming fresh air made it to the sensor since it's not a far distance.

Reactions: IceCreamAssassin

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

first post has pics of cutout
1666633400099.png

it's a beautiful thing.

IceCreamAssassin

When in doubt, throttle out
TCG Premium
Jan 28, 2011
Cary
Thanks mister ice cream.

I think I can make it work. My fender exhaust runs back and then angles in. I'm thinking I try to mount it after the bend. I'll snap a pic later and show what I have.
Maybe put it on a bolt flange so if you go to the track you can remove it and plug the hose so you don't destroy it while two stepping/trans braking.

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
So what I think I need to do:

• I have 4" fender exhaust. I need a 4" cutout, still unsure on which way to go on that. I'm not sure I want boost activated. Thinking on/off switch.
  • I will need to have Eddie Villadonga weld in a 2.5" outlet off the 4" exhaust. This outlet will need some sort of flange so I can take apart the exhaust in two parts.
  • I need to source 2.5" pipe, some bends, some sort of muffler and a tip.
I wonder what muffler will be the smallest but most useful.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
So what I think I need to do:

• I have 4" fender exhaust. I need a 4" cutout, still unsure on which way to go on that. I'm not sure I want boost activated. Thinking on/off switch.
  • I will need to have Eddie Villadonga weld in a 2.5" outlet off the 4" exhaust. This outlet will need some sort of flange so I can take apart the exhaust in two parts.
  • I need to source 2.5" pipe, some bends, some sort of muffler and a tip.
I wonder what muffler will be the smallest but most useful.
I would go with a mechanical boost activated valve. I haven't used an electric one, but I've always heard they don't last very long. Heat and moisture eventually kills them.

You can probably use a switch to a Mac valve to open and close them with regulated CO2 or compressed air.

Reactions: v6buicks

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
I would go with a mechanical boost activated valve. I haven't used an electric one, but I've always heard they don't last very long. Heat and moisture eventually kills them.

You can probably use a switch to a Mac valve to open and close them with regulated CO2 or compressed air.
I recall the electric ones sticking a lot of times too.

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
I chatted a bit with Ray G, Sweet Pee nova. He urged me to go with 2" exhaust so I'm thinking I'll do that.

I can plumb in a Mac valve that's no problem.

I'm realizing I need to design this all out and figure out stuff like what sort of flange I'll use off the cutout pipe for the smaller exhaust.

I also need to chat with Eddie about which kinds of metals he can weld together.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info