3800 exhaust cut-out OR slp cat back ?

G

GaMBiNo GTP

Hello guys i have a 2000 GTP with a 3.4 pulley and a thrasher cai. I also have TOG headers sitting on the side for now. What should i get , a high flow cat and cat back exhaust system ? ORR should i just make it very cheap and easy and get a Electrical exhaust cut out??

I want to increase max horsepower ?

I want to decrease my 1/4 time ?

If i get the exhaust cut out will I gain or lose back pressure? WHATS UP WIT THAT?

I JUST WANNA MAKE MY CAR FAST PLZ HELP ;)

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
An electric cutout should give you more power when you open it, at least top end power. But the down side to an electric cut out, is that many people experience problems with them. Some will stop sealing closed, and others will just stay stuck competely open. Its especially bad on our salty roads of hell.....

Oh and SLP sucks...IMO.

G

GaMBiNo GTP

Originally posted by Mike K@Feb 9 2005, 10:34 AM
Cut-out...  I have stock exhaust on my car and it's nice to switch to that when you want a quiet ride.  Open the cut-out though and it's on. :)  Coincidentally I just got back from court for a "defective exhaust" ticket.
[snapback]70782[/snapback]​

with the exhaust cut out i heard that some people lose power? is that true can that happen with my mods? What causes the car to be slower when the air flows right out of the car??

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by GaMBiNo GTP+Feb 9 2005, 01:31 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Mike K
@Feb 9 2005, 10:34 AM
Cut-out...  I have stock exhaust on my car and it's nice to switch to that when you want a quiet ride.  Open the cut-out though and it's on. :)  Coincidentally I just got back from court for a "defective exhaust" ticket.

with the exhaust cut out i heard that some people lose power? is that true can that happen with my mods? What causes the car to be slower when the air flows right out of the car??
[snapback]70793[/snapback]​
[/b]
Backpressure creates torque. A free flowing exhaust will create horsepower. As Mike said, you lose a little low end in exchange for some high end.

sweetness

Addict
Nov 12, 2008
Originally posted by GaMBiNo GTP+Feb 9 2005, 01:31 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Mike K
@Feb 9 2005, 10:34 AM

[snapback]70793[/snapback]​
[/b]

You dont "lose" power, so much as teh power band shifts towards the higher RPMS. the result is "less" power down low, but the actuality is that the power just got moved up a few hundred RPMs.

BC

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info