🏥 Health Exercise thread - Fitness, Recreational, etc

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
It would probably be better if your seat was higher so you could use more of your leg motion. Sitting on the seat with your leg fully extended at the bottom of the pedal stroke with your HEEL on the pedal should make it so you still have a slight bend with the ball of your foot on the pedal.
I’ll have to measure again for sure but I think it’s pretty good now? I’ll check again. I know I have a hard time even sitting on the bike at a standstill as it is. Either I’m speaking in a tone higher if I straddle the sissy bar or I’m leaning off to the side on one leg with me sitting on the seat.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Blue
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I’ll have to measure again for sure but I think it’s pretty good now? I’ll check again. I know I have a hard time even sitting on the bike at a standstill as it is. Either I’m speaking in a tone higher if I straddle the sissy bar or I’m leaning off to the side on one leg with me sitting on the seat.
Need some platform shoes
Cant Touch This High Heels GIF by BrownSugarApp

Reactions: Fish

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I know for my seat to be the proper height it feels like it’s too high. If it’s too low you’re not maximizing the full extension of your leg.
For sure. My 4 year old was knees to elbows until I adjusted her seat. It’s actually still too low but don’t want to raise it too high for a 4 year old.

Bigturbonotch

WAIT AND SEE
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2005
You are a much braver man than me.
You gotta be able to keep up with the cars and you’ll be OK:jg:

Dusting the cob webs off this guy since I’ve been doing mostly trail riding so far this year

IMG_2081.jpeg

Trail duty needs a different gear set for more speed or maybe it needs a tune up. Not sure what my options for an upgrade as I haven’t dug into it yet. Just been riding it out of the box stock. Awesome so far.

IMG_2082.jpeg

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
You don’t feel like you have enough gear with a 2x setup? That’s interesting. I like my rival axs setup but got a good deal on a carbon force crank and dropped from a 40t front ring to a 38 for a couple more climbing oriented rides I have coming up. Got my big size 58 gravel bike under 18 pounds now. Big 43c knobbies going back on tomorrow probably.

IMG_8176.jpeg

Did the Pedal and Spoke “Pastry Bike Pastry” ride today. 65 miles of back country roads and gravel with 4 donut stops. I ate a donut at every single one. Didn’t push myself very hard and spent 10+ minutes at the donut checkpoints too. It was a lot of fun even though I’m not crazy about riding on roads.

IMG_8178.png

IMG_8142.jpeg

IMG_8145.jpeg

IMG_8146.jpeg

IMG_8158.jpeg

Jimbo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Trail duty needs a different gear set for more speed or maybe it needs a tune up. Not sure what my options for an upgrade as I haven’t dug into it yet. Just been riding it out of the box stock. Awesome so far.

View attachment 206914
Just buy a new bike that's better.... I'll take this one off your hands.

Bigturbonotch

WAIT AND SEE
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2005
DanJ DanJ I’ve never had a bike with a x2 chain-ring setup. Looked it up and tried it out today. Press both the shifters and magic its a new bike Thanks for the friendly reminder in a newb to this.

A little windy ride today but have been lucking out with the weather these past few days beating the rain.

IMG_2104.jpeg

Jimbo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
That’s wild. So you’ve just been riding the road bike in the big ring, and the gravel bike in the small one? That should make both of them a lot more enjoyable for you. I like the simplicity of the 1x setup but there are times that I wish I had 2 in the front.
I wish I had more top end on my fat bike, but it's just not there. Too bad you told him to shift, otherwise maybe he would have sold me that gravel bike. Guess it's back to the drawing boards for me.

• Haha
Reactions: DanJ

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Blue
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Did 30 miles this morning Illinois prairie path to Fermi Lab. I had never been through there before. Luckily I had my ID on me. Didn’t realize they check you in the system to use the road.

View attachment 207866View attachment 207865
I never would have guessed you needed ID either. Glad you said something, cause I was going to check it out next weekend.

bimmer4life

TCG Blue
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
Did 30 miles this morning Illinois prairie path to Fermi Lab. I had never been through there before. Luckily I had my ID on me. Didn’t realize they check you in the system to use the road.

View attachment 207866View attachment 207865
I have road through there a couple times. Really early in the morning 530-600am. One time security guard starting yelling at me to stop. Im like hrmm can't hear ya pedal on. maohahaha

• Haha
Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
They didn’t have much of a sense of humor either. Guy said it had to be a Real ID and I asked him if that was opposed to a fake one and just got a blank stare. The route from Batavia road through there to Kirk to Fabyan back to the fox river trail is nothing special, but it was cool to see. All the signs warning about some beam being on were interesting.

IMG_8402.jpeg

Thread Info