šŸ„ Health Exercise thread - Fitness, Recreational, etc

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Are you doing 16/8 or 18/6 and have you tried doing 24hr IF twice a week?
Iā€™m doing 8 on (eating) and 16 off. Last time I did IF I did a 48 hour fast and a 72 hour bone broth fast. Not sure Iā€™ll be as committed this time around.

Officially dropped 6lbs this first week and that included pizza Thursday and hooters Saturday so Im happy.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
my pumpkin loaf, a solid 4 servings.

compare to strabucks macros here: https://www.starbucks.com/menu/product/1255/single/nutrition

made with pumpkin puree i brought back from the states, as i cannot buy it anywhere in all of thailand that i've found. and i've been too lazy to buy/cut/roast a pumpkin to make my own.

Screen Shot 2023-01-10 at 3.01.03 AM.png

PXL_20230109_065749428.jpg

PXL_20230109_052448864.jpg

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Took a day off stretched some my legs weā€™re getting tight, preworkout mile was 6:24 I guess Iā€™m close enough to push for a high 5 but itā€™s probably going to be a while, I do take some of the beet powder before I work out if Iā€™m going to try a fast paced mile I can feel the difference in my breathing, it also lowers my blood pressure a decent bit thatā€™s what I actually have it for

• Wow
Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
Iā€™ll probably start working towards running longer distances again once itā€™s decent outside I canā€™t keep myself focused for more than a mile at a time indoors
I hear ya. I always hated treadmill running. But I have been using it a little lately to take some of the impact out of my workouts. It technically uses different muscles then actually running outside. And can mess with your natural gate also. They say running a mile at 1% grade equals outdoor mile effort.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I hear ya. I always hated treadmill running. But I have been using it a little lately to take some of the impact out of my workouts. It technically uses different muscles then actually running outside. And can mess with your natural gate also. They say running a mile at 1% grade equals outdoor mile effort.
I noticed I donā€™t get sore at all from treadmill running outside my feed and ankles and all that are smoked after a slow 3-4 mile run, donā€™t know if itā€™s the difference in distance or that the treadmill has that much better cushion

Reactions: Rent Free

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Was able to rep out 255lbs on bench yesterday which Iā€™m happy about. Didnā€™t really workout for the last 5 years and just got back into it the last 3 months and am surprised how quickly the strength is coming back.
I have to do dumb bells currently I have a jacked up shoulder and straight bar bothers it, but over the last 3-4 months Iā€™ve worked up to 100ā€™s for a set of 8 on flat db press not my strongest but Iā€™m a bit lighter than I used to be and more disabled now lol

NOMIEZVR4

TCG Elite Member
May 6, 2014
Chicago
Going to cali in march...goal is to get to low 140's and under 14% bodyfat. Currently sitting around 151lbs. I dont gotta lose much, but its enough where it will make a difference.

Currently trying to achive this target by 20-21hr fasts daily (4-6 times a week)with some light workouts. Lets see where im at by the end of the month

Reactions: Shawn1112

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Was able to rep out 255lbs on bench yesterday which Iā€™m happy about. Didnā€™t really workout for the last 5 years and just got back into it the last 3 months and am surprised how quickly the strength is coming back.
muscle memory seems to be super good, seen pictures of people who just shrunk because of covid closed gyms, or were in accidents and in the hospital - once back to training, they got back to former large selves quite quick. building muscle tissue seems to have fairly permanent or at least indefinite changes to your muscle. so sure wish i started at 20 instead of 41 lol.

Reactions: Rent Free

Thread Info