šŸ„ Health Exercise thread - Fitness, Recreational, etc

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Hot damn I was on your turf today?? Itā€™s a nice loop still partially covered in snow and ice but not too bad at all. There was more up and down than I was expecting.
Yeah, that's typically my "go to" when not walking around here. Should be a smattering of screen caps throughout this thread showing it. Think the most I've done is three laps when I was feeling good. Can be a little challenging when it's snow on top of ice. Last few times I was there the lake/pond/puddle was almost dry, which was disappointing. Usually full of birds. Two observation decks pretty much opposite each other, then on the south side of the loop is a blind.

On the southern half of the loop, right about the midway point, there is a trail that goes south to Mack Rd. You can take that through the northwest section of Blackwell, and it'll bring you out next to the parking lot for the Archery range. That's a nice path if you like direction and elevation changes.

Last year I rode from here in CS, down to the Prairie Path (south), through the north loop of St. James Farm (anti-clockwise), cut under Butterfield, rode the PP into WVL for some water at the park (Butterfield/Batavia Rd), then crossed over Butterfield, into Blackwell, up through Blackwell into McKee, a lap of McKee then back out the way I came. Though I exited Blackwell on the SW corner at Winfield Rd, and retraced my route.

Screenshot 2023-01-07 at 12.22.36 PM.png

August 1st, 2022, 30.5 miles.
1673115958500.png

Reactions: bimmer4life

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
Yeah, that's typically my "go to" when not walking around here. Should be a smattering of screen caps throughout this thread showing it. Think the most I've done is three laps when I was feeling good. Can be a little challenging when it's snow on top of ice. Last few times I was there the lake/pond/puddle was almost dry, which was disappointing. Usually full of birds. Two observation decks pretty much opposite each other, then on the south side of the loop is a blind.

On the southern half of the loop, right about the midway point, there is a trail that goes south to Mack Rd. You can take that through the northwest section of Blackwell, and it'll bring you out next to the parking lot for the Archery range. That's a nice path if you like direction and elevation changes.

Last year I rode from here in CS, down to the Prairie Path (south), through the north loop of St. James Farm (anti-clockwise), cut under Butterfield, rode the PP into WVL for some water at the park (Butterfield/Batavia Rd), then crossed over Butterfield, into Blackwell, up through Blackwell into McKee, a lap of McKee then back out the way I came. Though I exited Blackwell on the SW corner at Winfield Rd, and retraced my route.

View attachment 146450

August 1st, 2022, 30.5 miles.
View attachment 146451
Good info. I will be using this path more often now o know itā€™s there.

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Damn what up man?
Back in august randomly developed hyperthyroidism. So been fighting to get that back in line. Iā€™d climb the stairs and be at 198bpm. Lost a bunch of weight. Now with the meds Iā€™m back to normal weight but not fit. Sucks, but once this normalizes, Iā€™ll be back.

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
Back in august randomly developed hyperthyroidism. So been fighting to get that back in line. Iā€™d climb the stairs and be at 198bpm. Lost a bunch of weight. Now with the meds Iā€™m back to normal weight but not fit. Sucks, but once this normalizes, Iā€™ll be back.
Oh man sorry to hear that . Glad it sounds like your getting it under control. You will bounce back even better Iā€™m sure . I had some intense medical issues couple years back so I know the feeling !

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
just under the 200lb mark currently, weird as all my clothing fits as it should, I donā€™t feel like gained the weight but it there! Wife and I have been changing up our diet some, more animal proteins, veggies, low carb when we can and smaller portions, watching junk sugars ( sweets and junk food ) and carbs where we can. Would like to drop a good 20lbs if possible.

More gym time for the two of us also, splits with weight training and cardio 3 days a week, days not at the gym walking to get out 10k+ steps in or a few miles of bike riding.

Changed up my vitamin / supplements some, back in November I stopped taking everything for 60 days and just restated with a multivitamin, zinc, omega 3, and vitamin d, seeing if that will have any effect on my weight loss. Started a new trt program and will see what happens with that and blood work results and changes in weight.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
got a mountain bike in nov, never set it up, scoot all the places. did gym and muay thai and some stationary bike to burn some calories.

got back to thailand yesterday, fucking lazy van driver dropped me off street side - i had 2 backpacks (ok weight) and a big ass carry on piece of luggage that was 50 lbs. thankfully a muay thai buddy showed up right then, who has picked up more asian scooter skills than i, i wore both bags and held (mostly) the luggage up by one arm and he took me a good 3/4 the way like that. so that was my return workout.

set up the mountain bike today (i don't have a scooter and planned to buy one today - but the seller postponed his selling of it) - rode to my favorite breakfast spot, man that is way more work than the stationary lol. that was 3 km. then i rode 2 7-11s up to get my shredded chicken and come back to my place. sweaty and tired by 930, can't imagine doing this in the actual hot part of the day. 9km total, 5.6mi. further than i thought actually, but definitely different muscles and workout than i've been doing.

i still want a scooter.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I need to get my diet in order, Iā€™ve been working so much I havenā€™t had the slightest desire to cook anything and have been eating like complete shit my blood pressure is climbing, weight isnā€™t terrible but Iā€™ve put on close to 5lbs, Iā€™ve been consistent on workouts though thatā€™s helped some

Reactions: bimmer4life

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
my most consistent scale has been thai gym scale, interested to see what it says tomorrow.

the 3 weeks i was home was the longest i went doing 0 muay thai for 2 years. went to a gym and lifted some weights, shorter sessions than i do here, and ate a ton of food because both holidays and because mom kept making stuff and yo i like to eat. so we'll see how much i bulked lol. also ate everything on planes the way there and back. i'll go post that in a travel/credit card thread now actually

Reactions: 1quick

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
I need to get my diet in order, Iā€™ve been working so much I havenā€™t had the slightest desire to cook anything and have been eating like complete shit my blood pressure is climbing, weight isnā€™t terrible but Iā€™ve put on close to 5lbs, Iā€™ve been consistent on workouts though thatā€™s helped some
Same here for sure . Been slacking and my sweet tooth in middle of night donā€™t help

Reactions: 1quick

Thread Info