šŸ„ Health Exercise thread - Fitness, Recreational, etc

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
I had two self-entitled ass fucks running side-by-side on the paved path between Kird Rd and 25. The path was maybe 6' wide due to the overgrowth of bushes. I started making my announcement a good 100' back.

Nothing.

Again at 50', 30', 20' and 10'.

Totally oblivious, with their white airpods blasting away listening to the TED talks. Basically right on their heels and I'm yelling "BEHIND YOU!". Did that three times. No acknowledgement. I said fuck it and went around on the left, almost brushing into him.

The verbal assault they unleashed was quite comical. Told them if they didn't want to get run over then don't take up the whole path and not be aware of your surroundings. The dude started getting really confrontational. Being on the bicycle I knew he wasn't going to catch me. Still didn't stop me from whipping out my 3.25" knife and asking if he wanted to discuss it further there, or at the hospital.

That shut him up real quick.

I'm not even sorry. Fuck you if you can't be bothered to pay attention to what's going on around you because you're so ignorant and self-absorbed. If I'm listening to music I check over my shoulder every 30 seconds to make sure no one is coming up behind me. I rarely use the ear buds though. Mostly in the evening when I know I'm the only person on the path heading in that particular direction, and no one will be passing me. Plus helps keeps the bugs out of my ears. :ROFLMAO:
bugs swarm GIF
Yep they get very angry as apparently they own the whole path and nobody else can use it! I use bone conduction headphones. I hear my music snd also everything around me. But I also donā€™t run like a chode or all the way in the left . I just stay right on the edge of path and no trouble occurs .

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Yep they get very angry as apparently they own the whole path and nobody else can use it! I use bone conduction headphones. I hear my music snd also everything around me. But I also donā€™t run like a chode or all the way in the left . I just stay right on the edge of path and no trouble occurs .
I have thought about trying those bone conductor ones. During my audiograms we test my right ear (the tinnitus one) with a bone-conducting device. It's really weird.

Recommend any?

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Interestingā€¦ for the conductive part, is it just the part that is in front of the ear (the end of the device?). The ones I had on before did the conduction behind the ear, in the mastoid area. My results are slightly skewed because I had 1ā€ hole drilled in that area, which the ā€œlidā€ is held in place by a titanium plate.

• Wow
Reactions: Rent Free

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Decided to give old mountain bike a work out. Only second ride of the season. Old girl can still put the miles in. Road some of the paths by Batavia and Geneva. I prefer not to typically ride them those damn runners get in the way (j/k). But do you really need to take up a 8 foot wide trail with 5 people then get salty when I zoom past :p. Anyhoot I always run on grass line when running on trails that are busy.

View attachment 131082

View attachment 131083

17.2 average on a trail, fucking animal
And a mountain bike no less! That is flying

Reactions: 1quick

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
Interestingā€¦ for the conductive part, is it just the part that is in front of the ear (the end of the device?). The ones I had on before did the conduction behind the ear, in the mastoid area. My results are slightly skewed because I had 1ā€ hole drilled in that area, which the ā€œlidā€ is held in place by a titanium plate.
Yes in front.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Left Ankle has been bothering me just feels super tight but still been running, I havenā€™t tried to do a faster mile in a couple months so I tried today, I need to figure out a better warm up because stretching doesnā€™t do it for me, the first 1/4-1/2 mile is rough then everything loosens up and I can pick up the pace did a barley under 8 minute mile but Iā€™ll take it

AC8F2F66-716E-464C-8192-CA706C2CB50D.png

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Man I bet you have some nice stretch of roads way out there !
Those bike runs I only encountered 1 car, I normally run through the neighborhood but thereā€™s lakes and woods all over out here lots of wildlife to look at, you could probably average 20+mph on the road out here thereā€™s hardly any stop signs and most of them are so far out you can just blow through them

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
So, finally dragged my ass to the pain clinic about my shoulder issue. Got two shots of Novacaine into the Levator muscle. This is the first time in a number of years that I have not had a constant stinging/burning pain in my shoulder, right above the scapulae. Went for a walk at lunch and at the point where my shoulder would be screaming in pain, and would be unable to even turn my head, I was just fine. Just have some soreness from the injection itself. I did 1.2 miles but felt like I could have easily done 3-4 miles.

Sadly this is just temporary relief as the Novacaine wears off, but it was more for troubleshooting to figure out where the pain was manifesting from. It's going to wear off in a few hours.

Now need to find out what can be done for a long term solution.

Thread Info