šŸ„ Health Exercise thread - Fitness, Recreational, etc

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Question, if you are familiar with it... I was planning on parking over at Mundelein High School and going west from there. Do you foresee any issues with that, or a better place to park in the area?
No clue. I've just ridden it a handful of times with 01Cobra 01Cobra never bringing a vehicle there. You should be fine. The Mundelein park district is right down the road, if you're worried about being parked at the school.

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
No clue. I've just ridden it a handful of times with 01Cobra 01Cobra never bringing a vehicle there. You should be fine. The Mundelein park district is right down the road, if you're worried about being parked at the school.
This is the local resident info that invaluable... thank you sir.

I have a friend in Round Lake just north of Nippersink (east of Wilson) that I'm trying to find a safe way to ride to, from the trail. It looks like I can take surface streets through the subdivisions to get through to his place:
1654793570776.png

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Got a little ride in this evening.

View attachment 119583
Damn you straight up come into MY neighborhood to ride on MY trail? Lol.

I am on the lookout for a bike to get back into it. My youngest doesnā€™t care much for walks lately and would rather play in the park or in the backyard. I do miss walking the trail though.

• Haha
Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
So, since I didnā€™t get any rides in this weekend I was going to go for a ride this evening, in a few minutes. Thought was to head southeast into Wheaton (and into the wind) taking the PP down to Butterfield or so, then head back.

Getting changed wondering why itā€™s getting so dark. Then looked at the radar. Where the hell did that massive cell come from? Wasnā€™t even manifesting 45 minutes ago.

Gonna go play with Legos instead ?

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Not bad, definitely warmer than 70Ā°. Aside from a couple of idiots on the path it was a decent ride. I left over an hour after I had planned, but the dark didnā€™t bother me. One of the few times I was glad I had an old surgical mask in my backpack, for the swarms of bugs I was riding through.

8DCFB728-D6E2-4EF4-A3A3-3827D63FEFA1.jpeg
edit, yeah, it was warmer out:
71DDF94E-2ACE-46F2-9AA7-22893FBED404.jpeg

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
About to ride the Millennium trail. Parking at Mundelein high school was a bust. Thought it would be busy there. Not a single car in the lot. Didnā€™t want my truck standing out.

Ended up at the park district building. still, not that busy either.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Well, most of the trail that parallels Hawley, west of the school was closed. About four miles under construction. That was nice. The last two trail miles are closed, under construction. Not closed enough though.

Made it to Fairfield park. Taking a break then heading back.

Going to have to ride the road when I get back to Hawley. Not looking forward to that.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Naw badass man .let us know how you feel in the morning ?
Garmin said my recovery time was 4 days, ?.

I went through about 100oz of water. Two 24oz bottles that had electrolytes added. Then almost 50oz of my 72oz hydration pack.

i stopped to have a snack every 10-15 miles, and did take an extended release sodium tablet.

Forehead is a little burned where the SPF55 wore off, but thatā€™s about it. Legs are a little fatigued, but Iā€™ve been worse.

Someone mentioned the ā€œhillā€. Think it was @jimbo. Not sure what hill that was though. Nothing horrible.

Reactions: bimmer4life

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
Garmin said my recovery time was 4 days, ?.

I went through about 100oz of water. Two 24oz bottles that had electrolytes added. Then almost 50oz of my 72oz hydration pack.

i stopped to have a snack every 10-15 miles, and did take an extended release sodium tablet.

Forehead is a little burned where the SPF55 wore off, but thatā€™s about it. Legs are a little fatigued, but Iā€™ve been worse.

Someone mentioned the ā€œhillā€. Think it was @jimbo. Not sure what hill that was though. Nothing horrible.
Pretty low winded day that saved your legs no doubts

Thread Info