ET Street/Drag Wheel question. Backspacing?

theSVTkid

Reaction score
im shopping around for a pair of ET streets on weld's (or something of the like).
Alot of people talk about having to do some grinding with 15's (and a smaller backspacing, if im correct). Ive seen some pictures, and it doesnt really look all that safe.
The norm seems to be 26x11.5 ET streets...
Do alot of you run 16's or do some grinding with 15's?
Guess I just want some other opinions as far as an ideal/cheap rear wheel and size. Im on the IRS, btw.

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Reaction score
Stick with the 16's Diamond Racing Rims... and get a group tug from DRRRT

gnxs

Corn-Fed Goodness
Reaction score
im shopping around for a pair of ET streets on weld's (or something of the like).
Alot of people talk about having to do some grinding with 15's (and a smaller backspacing, if im correct). Ive seen some pictures, and it doesnt really look all that safe.
The norm seems to be 26x11.5 ET streets...
Do alot of you run 16's or do some grinding with 15's?
Guess I just want some other opinions as far as an ideal/cheap rear wheel and size. Im on the IRS, btw.
The only alternative (new) out there that is both ideal and cheap are the Diamond Racing Wheels. Oh yea, they're also fairly ugly although not too bad in black (see Wiked03's car). I believe the backspacing is 6.5" and they're 16x10's and were designed to fit an IRS Cobra.

Would you expect me, a CSVTDRRRT (Chicago SVT Diamond Racing Rims Racing Team) member, to suggest something different? :lmao:

They're ugly, but they work:

They're much better in black. Here's Carl (Wiked03) getting them both off the ground with black Diamonds on the back:

theSVTkid

Reaction score
:lmao:
i always wondered what that stood for.
those would work just fine...
How did you guys go about getting them? Is there a vendor or do you just call them directly? (And if so, did you just ask for the 'Joe Lynch special'?) What does a pair of them cost, roughly?

gnxs

Corn-Fed Goodness
Reaction score
:lmao:
i always wondered what that stood for.
those would work just fine...
How did you guys go about getting them? Is there a vendor or do you just call them directly? (And if so, did you just ask for the 'Joe Lynch special'?) What does a pair of them cost, roughly?
Call them direct. Yes they're the Joe Lynch Specials. I bought mine a long time ago, maybe $160 or so each (with their lugs, which you need).

theSVTkid

Reaction score
i contacted Diamond Racing about the wheels..just may have to pick up a pair.
You guys arent running tubes, are you?

What about V6 pony wheels? Anywhere i can get those for dirt-cheap and throw some ET Street's on?

gnxs

Corn-Fed Goodness
Reaction score
i contacted Diamond Racing about the wheels..just may have to pick up a pair.
You guys arent running tubes, are you?

What about V6 pony wheels? Anywhere i can get those for dirt-cheap and throw some ET Street's on?
I wasn't running tubes with my ET Streets.

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Reaction score
The only alternative (new) out there that is both ideal and cheap are the Diamond Racing Wheels. Oh yea, they're also fairly ugly although not too bad in black (see Wiked03's car). I believe the backspacing is 6.5" and they're 16x10's and were designed to fit an IRS Cobra.

Would you expect me, a CSVTDRRRT (Chicago SVT Diamond Racing Rims Racing Team) member, to suggest something different? :lmao:

They're ugly, but they work:

They're much better in black. Here's Carl (Wiked03) getting them both off the ground with black Diamonds on the back:

Hey since I have the diamond racing wheels where do i submit my application for CSVTDRRRT?:clap:

gnxs

Corn-Fed Goodness
Reaction score
Hey since I have the diamond racing wheels where do i submit my application for CSVTDRRRT?:clap:
Sorry Derek, you don't drag race frequently enough to qualify. :p

Then again....alot of us didn't get to the track much this year. :(

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom