Escalades are in serious trouble........

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Man, that thing is huge and approaches $100K.

Definitely seems to be the ultimate 6+ person and cargo hauler. 3rd row seats power recline! Speedometer is cool. HUD is a good feature.

Competition will force the competitors to make their large SUVs better so that's a good thing.

Escalades reach 100k too.

2 things i loved on the Navigator we had vs the Escalade
A. Seats fold flat not that doofy slide then fold up like the GMs
B. NOT AWD and being able to select 2WD 4x4 or AWD.

These are the same and mind blown on the interior its just new and refreshing its not an Expedition in wrapping paper the interiors especially the dash share ZERO with the Ford.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
First video review I’ve seen and.... wow. I’m impressed. My wife and I have been on the Lincoln train now for a couple of years but that interior is next level. Gorgeous. Had no idea the new engine had 500 ft lbs of tq. That’s a monster.

That revel sounds system is no joke. I test drove a 17 MKX with it and it blew me away. On that car it’s 20 speakers and somewhere around d 1500 Watts, I’m sure the navigator is even more impressive.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
First video review I’ve seen and.... wow. I’m impressed. My wife and I have been on the Lincoln train now for a couple of years but that interior is next level. Gorgeous. Had no idea the new engine had 500 ft lbs of tq. That’s a monster.

That revel sounds system is no joke. I test drove a 17 MKX with it and it blew me away. On that car it’s 20 speakers and somewhere around d 1500 Watts, I’m sure the navigator is even more impressive.

I didnt notice that TQ either. BUT But But....... The GM has a V8...... Too bad the V8 is down 30 hp and 50 tq according to motortrend. 420/460 V8 and 450/510 EcoV6 :ford:

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
THAT kills GM in Every conceivable way possible! (Yes i even like that color combo too)
ae50dfac446c77c667a5b9205bcc15c2.jpg
8244bfe641ac62a0b410db6a70c8b4ef.jpg

EDIT. Looks like Lincoln stole some Benz interior designers......

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
lol like this will even matter. Middle Class Fancy = Escalade. These will look great parked next to low income trailer homes in a few years :io:

:rofl: GM better get their shit together or Ford/Lincoln is threatening to turn their prize Escalade into the Wbody of the fullsize SUV world.....

By looking good parked next to a trailer do you like mean all the previous generation Escalades with gigantic rims?

Used Escalades easily own the trailer parks

:io:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Escalades reach 100k too.

2 things i loved on the Navigator we had vs the Escalade
A. Seats fold flat not that doofy slide then fold up like the GMs
B. NOT AWD and being able to select 2WD 4x4 or AWD.

These are the same and mind blown on the interior its just new and refreshing its not an Expedition in wrapping paper the interiors especially the dash share ZERO with the Ford.

1. i'd be willing to bet 99.9% of new escalade/navigator buyers don't give a FUCK as to how the seats fold. these things get bought by husbands for their wives to cart their kids to and from their water polo tournaments on the north shore.

2. escalades haven't been fulltime AWD for a lonnnng time.

3. the interior being better than the escalade means jack shit... the navigator has had a better interior, like, every single generation :rofl:

2007 escalade

2007_cadillac_escalade_ext_dashboard.jpg

2007 navigator

2007_lincoln_navigator_dashboard.jpg

2013 escalade

2013_cadillac_escalade_ext_dashboard.jpg

2013 navigator

2013_lincoln_navigator_dashboard.jpg

2015 escalade

2015_cadillac_escalade_dashboard.jpg

2015 navigator

2015_lincoln_navigator_13_1600x1200.jpg

I didnt notice that TQ either. BUT But But....... The GM has a V8...... Too bad the V8 is down 30 hp and 50 tq according to motortrend. 420/460 V8 and 450/510 EcoV6 :ford:

too bad it's down? :rofl: the 6.2's BOOGIE. peak numbers mean dick. see all the threads on here where we talk about how the 6.2 trucks hit their speed limiter in the 1/4 mile.

THAT kills GM in Every conceivable way possible! (Yes i even like that color combo too)
ae50dfac446c77c667a5b9205bcc15c2.jpg

EDIT. Looks like Lincoln stole some Benz interior designers......

bro. that color is ugly AF. the interior is sweet but you're either drunk or colorblind if you like that.

:rofl: GM better get their shit together or Ford/Lincoln is threatening to turn their prize Escalade into the Wbody of the fullsize SUV world.....

By looking good parked next to a trailer do you like mean all the previous generation Escalades with gigantic rims?

Used Escalades easily own the trailer parks

:io:

they both are equally "trailer parked" i'd say... and i'd wager navigators even worse though.

GM has nothing to worry about. escalades have been escaping rhyme or reason as to why the sell for almost two decades now. they just sell. even though we all know they are "just" a fancy tahoe, they continue to sell no matter what.

because at this point they're just a status symbol. i'd bet most new escalade buyers haven't even muttered the word "navigator"

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
:rofl: of course I d9nt expect the Navigator to be outs elking the Escalade over night or hell even 2 years or more down the road.

Point is Lincoln is finally getting a real competitor.

I knew the GM V8 thing would come up as people leg hump Raptors (yes the ecoboosts sound like crap) but these get laughed at? PSST TCG bipolar is showing......

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
:rofl: of course I d9nt expect the Navigator to be outs elking the Escalade over night or hell even 2 years or more down the road.

Point is Lincoln is finally getting a real competitor.

I knew the GM V8 thing would come up as people leg hump Raptors (yes the ecoboosts sound like crap) but these get laughed at? PSST TCG bipolar is showing......

Escalades are in serious trouble........

then what'd you mean by this? :rofl:

as i said... the lincoln has been a competitor... just no one notices or cares except for us, and we aren't buying either new so we don't matter anyways.

what are you talking about get laughed at? nothing's being laughed at here.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Go try buy that for 5200 for fuck sakes be a little realistic KJ that screams scam.

dude, that is 100% legit. guaranteed. just because it doesn't fit your agenda on navigators not being "trailerparked" (im excited we coined a new tcg phrase)

the ad has a legit phone number, the neighborhood looks legit barrington...etc. that's a real ad for sure.

i mean shit, here's an 07 for 8500 bucks with under 100k miles :rofl:

https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/d/2007-lincoln-navigator-4x4/6448735871.html

you can see the navigator creepin' in the back of this listing as well.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/d/2003-toyota-highlander/6455689702.html

You are comparing previous gens thats a mess compared to this. IMO well see how well they sell.

you started by comparing previous gens with your "escalades are fulltime awd" comment.

which... they aren't.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Sweet minivan.

I don't understand how the navigator "blows the escalade out of the water" as far as interior. It looks like ford turned their infotainment screen in an ipad with a clip mount. Other than the console I don't see where it's soooooo much better.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info