Escalades are in serious trouble........

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I can definitely also say as will many others on here, your money goes MUCH further with used navigators than it does with used escalades.

This is just generally a Ford Vs. Chevy thing, has been as long as I can remember for Trucks.

My default Go-To in this kind of discussion is "I can buy a 2004 Ford Expedition for $3,500, that can tow 7000lbs, and hold 7 people, and be reasonably reliable, while a similarly optioned and condition Tahoe is $7000"

That being said moving into the luxury market I think the value proposition is a bit different; I feel that the used Lincoln aviators and navigators I've kicked at have been generally FAR more ragged than similar Escalades. I feel like because they depreciate harder; the second owners of these cars seem to never take care of them for shit (probably can barely afford them in the first place), and the GM Trucks just seem to hold up better when poorly taken care of compared to Ford Trucks.

I think this then just exacerbates the fact that they can be picked up cheaper, because generally they just aren't as well kept as a similar Escalade.

Maybe others who buy/sell can chime in on this, but that's just been my experience.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
you're buying new?

Fuck no!!! I can’t afford that price tag. Matter of fact I’m considering trading in my Escalade for a VW Alltrack simply because of mpg’s. If I get transferred for work I’m definitely going to need something better than 17 mpg’s on the highway since my commute that’s recently doubled will be doubled again and I’ll need room for the family and a psychotic dog.

For what it’s worth the new gen Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade 3rd row seats do in fact fold flat but there’s a riser in the rear to take up the extra space.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Fuck no!!! I can’t afford that price tag. Matter of fact I’m considering trading in my Escalade for a VW Alltrack simply because of mpg’s. If I get transferred for work I’m definitely going to need something better than 17 mpg’s on the highway since my commute that’s recently doubled will be doubled again and I’ll need room for the family and a psychotic dog.

For what it’s worth the new gen Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade 3rd row seats do in fact fold flat but there’s a riser in the rear to take up the extra space.

F that, commuting sucks. Take the truck home?

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
3. the interior being better than the escalade means jack shit... the navigator has had a better interior, like, every single generation :rofl:

I always felts the opposite. The older Navigators were straight up junk inside with hard plastics. The Escalade had hard plastics, but I felt the quality was a bit better and the overall design was better to me. My opinion, others might disagree.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Simply put, it doesn't matter how nice Lincoln makes the navigator, consumers are still going to buy Escalades, and I'll still be getting picked up from the airport in Navigators.

What's nice about when Lincoln puts out a new car.....you can pick up a used one in a few short years for about $4500.
This is the truth, and i swear regardless of how nice lincolns look when they're brand new, within a few years they're ALWAYS incredibly dated looking. Maybe i'm the only one that thinks that, dunno, but to me it's basically universal across all of their models. My dad had a company MKS back in 2009-10 and everyone LOVED the styling of that car, myself included, but by 2013-14 when i'd see one on the road it looked like a 10 year old design and was worth so little that i'd expect it to have vogue tires and mirror window tint.

You have too much time on your hands. Lol

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
This is the truth, and i swear regardless of how nice some lincolns look when they're brand new, within a few years they're ALWAYS incredibly dated looking. Maybe i'm the only one that thinks that, dunno. My dad had a company MKS back in 2009-10 and everyone LOVED the styling of that car, myself included, but by 2013-14 when i'd see one on the road it looked like a 10 year old design and was worth so little that i'd expect it to have vogue tires and mirror window tint.

You have too much time on your hands. Lol

That took maybe 6 minutes at absolute most.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
I feel like I could say "water is wet" and you'd disagree with me [MENTION=1938]jason05gt[/MENTION] :rofl:

we should drink beers.

I'm a Ford swinger and I am going against my kind. Let me have a moment here.

The 1st Gen Navi and Escalades were straight up junk. The 07 Escalades were a game changer in the segment. They drove nice, had a nicer interior, and looked great.

I like beer.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I'm a Ford swinger and I am going against my kind. Let me have a moment here.

The 1st Gen Navi and Escalades were straight up junk. The 07 Escalades were a game changer in the segment. They drove nice, had a nicer interior, and looked great.

I like beer.

Interior was typical GM bankruptcy era junk though. Much nicer than 2000-06's but still lacking.

I'd still rock a true 1st gen Escalade lol

1878_xlarge.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info