Escalades are in serious trouble........

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Rofl. K. How's the Continental doing??? I've only seen 1. I think it's a fantastic looking car. The door handles make my pants tight but Lincoln has and will always be the poor man's Cadillac.

O how are the Cadillac sedans selling? :rofl: Cadillac sedans dont sell for shit either.

Ive seen plenty of new Continentals in Wash DC and here in Florida.

That being said everyone is buying SUVs and crossovers thats pretty apparent and been covered here.

Crossovers are destroying sedan sales no matter what brand you pick.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
bro. that color is ugly AF. the interior is sweet but you're either drunk or colorblind if you like that.

I just watched the video of that Black Label version and that interior is flat out insane. This right here though I couldn't agree with more if I tried.

That interior he posted is straight up ugly. Like if that was the only color combo the interior came in they would sell two Navigators ugly.

It looks like ford turned their infotainment screen in an ipad with a clip mount. Other than the console I don't see where it's soooooo much better.

It works for Tesla? :s00ls:

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
O how are the Cadillac sedans selling? :rofl: Cadillac sedans dont sell for shit either.

Ive seen plenty of new Continentals in Wash DC and here in Florida.

That being said everyone is buying SUVs and crossovers thats pretty apparent and been covered here.

Crossovers are destroying sedan sales no matter what brand you pick.
There's no doubt there. I'm referring strictly that caddy sedans still sell meanwhile the return of the Continental has been meh. at best. Same with this navigator. No one is arguing that it looks great and is well designed. It simply doesn't stand a chance

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
I dont expect it to outsell the Escalade at all however the Navigator should pickup in sales.

Just me personally I think the Navigator looks better inside and out.

The good thing would be if they do tank in resale then Id get one for the wife. Used under 75k mile 2018 Navigator under 50k would be killer. That 450hp/510tq in a giant rolling living room yes please!

Even the mild refresh last gen Navigator when they went to the ecoboost engine have came way down in price within 2 years of new.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
1. i'd be willing to bet 99.9% of new escalade/navigator buyers don't give a FUCK as to how the seats fold. these things get bought by husbands for their wives to cart their kids to and from their water polo tournaments on the north shore.

tenor.gif

Can't argue that. :rofl:

I do think the previous generation escalades had better interior than Lincoln, but the newest generation the Lincoln has it hands down. The only question I have is, can it tow well.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
I guess I’m in the 1% of Escalade/Tahoe owners that cares about how the rear seats fold flat and out of the way. Since I don’t use them I just pulled them out but it’d be nice if they were still there.

The new Navigators are nice but as said before they depreciate at a ridiculous pace that I can’t understand why. The ability to switch between 2wd, 4wd and AWD would be nice but isn’t a deal breaker for most people. The interiors on the ‘18 Navi’s is nice to a point but the haphazard screen placements look awkward and from what I’ve seen the 2nd row DVD monitors looked like iPads strapped to the front seats.
58f6d456e14dd5f3bd5b7dbe2839ce61.jpg

My biggest issue on the new ones is the gear selectors placement and looking like a Delco radio from the 70’s and 80’s. I can just see someone saying “Just need to change the temperature in here a bit........OH FUCK I PUT IT IN REVERSE!!!”
2cd6f2a86ac59a6ef9345076db9924ba.jpg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
So are 2004 Escalades too. You’re cherry picking.

I dont know if i said they weren't cheap... ? but alright. here we go.

All i did was craigslist search navigator and that was one of the first to pop up.

I do stand by saying that the 2007 i found, with 200k miles, in barrington for $5200 is cheap as hell.

you will not find a 2007-2013 escalade for that cheap.

cheapest "real ad" escalades I found are these two, and the navigator looks like it's in much better shape than either of these, and the navi is $1,000 less...

https://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/ctd/d/2003-cadillac-escalade-esv/6450866630.html

https://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/cto/d/2004-cadillac-escalade-esv/6437893980.html

and let's close this out with data....

BuiAJnX.png

RhTzEgk.png

I can definitely also say as will many others on here, your money goes MUCH further with used navigators than it does with used escalades.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I guess I’m in the 1% of Escalade/Tahoe owners that cares about how the rear seats fold flat and out of the way. Since I don’t use them I just pulled them out but it’d be nice if they were still there.

The new Navigators are nice but as said before they depreciate at a ridiculous pace that I can’t understand why. The ability to switch between 2wd, 4wd and AWD would be nice but isn’t a deal breaker for most people. The interiors on the ‘18 Navi’s is nice to a point but the haphazard screen placements look awkward and from what I’ve seen the 2nd row DVD monitors looked like iPads strapped to the front seats.
58f6d456e14dd5f3bd5b7dbe2839ce61.jpg

My biggest issue on the new ones is the gear selectors placement and looking like a Delco radio from the 70’s and 80’s. I can just see someone saying “Just need to change the temperature in here a bit........OH FUCK I PUT IT IN REVERSE!!!”
2cd6f2a86ac59a6ef9345076db9924ba.jpg

you're buying new?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I dont expect it to outsell the Escalade at all however the Navigator should pickup in sales.

Just me personally I think the Navigator looks better inside and out.

The good thing would be if they do tank in resale then Id get one for the wife. Used under 75k mile 2018 Navigator under 50k would be killer. That 450hp/510tq in a giant rolling living room yes please!

Even the mild refresh last gen Navigator when they went to the ecoboost engine have came way down in price within 2 years of new.

i honestly hope the navigator finally steals more sales.

it'd make GM actually have to try with the thing. :rofl:

i 100% agree with you the navi looks better inside and out, even the expedition vs yukon/tahoe wins, and imo it has.

your under 50k 75k mile navi is probably less than 2 years away too :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info