• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Engine Swap the full story.

Fish

From the mean streets....
Reaction score
Nice to see JET wearing his $1500 ZZP hat. :lolsign:

Royalgtp

Reaction score
Its nice that everybody showed up like that.

How much did that engine cost ya?

Im hoping my engine at least last me a year or so b4 I have to go through what you just did.

I need a break after all Ive been through in recent weeks....

rjaz gtp

Reaction score
This is a good pic, I can see what JET is saying.... "Now pay attention grasshopper, you will learn a few things or two..."

J.E.T.

Reaction score
This is a good pic, I can see what JET is saying.... "Now pay attention grasshopper, you will learn a few things or two..."
Naw, Hale was the teacher that day :) . I brought in the Helms manuals, but didnt even need them because he knew every torque spec and sequence by heart. Heh!

Oh. Yes, that is ONE of my ZZP hats. The other is still for sale for $1,475.

J.E.T.

Royalgtp

Reaction score
Did you pay him?

I know he made a post a while back about hating how no one wants to pay for help and such...

syP

Not Banned
Reaction score
the engine cost $400, and that is none of your business if i payed him for labor or not. its between me and him :)

Kyle

Reaction score
did u start it today ryan?

man that suked with the rocker the other day, thats why I stayed just to lend a hand when i could and see that thing start. B)

syP

Not Banned
Reaction score
i just have a FEW more things to do.. other than connecting the TB/intake/pulley, i need to connect the coolant bottle, wiper bottle, connect vacuum lines, and a few small things..

I did run into 1 problem, I cannot seem to find out how to connect the radiator hose to the coolant bottle.. it is Male/Male connection... the hose is the same exact size as the plastic spout that sticks out the side of the coolant bottle.

burtgtp1973

Reaction score
Still no word on that damn rocker arm here Ryan ... Iam sorry if it caused you too much grief . i havent given up looking yet .... your car is going to seem like a totally differnt car to you ONCE you finally get to start it :p

your website is looing pretty good too BTW :)

syP

Not Banned
Reaction score
thanks burt.... i dunno man... there is alot of new shit we install on this motor/car... if someting SLIGHTLY goes wrong, im fucked as to knowing what the problem is... seems like a long shot to get the car running decently on the first startup :( wish me luck

I

imported_Diavolo

In your webpage you said the engine you bought ALSO has a cracked piston?

xttc2000

Reaction score
1 cracked piston in new motor, 2 or 3 in the old one.
that leaves 3 or 4 good ones from the last motor.

Royalgtp

Reaction score
How long does it take to change a piston once you have teh whole engine outa the car and all that?

xttc2000

Reaction score
did you get the car running?
where you at on it if not?

syP

Not Banned
Reaction score
got it started twice.... now i think the battery might be shorted/dead/dying..

trying to figure out what the loud ticking/clanking noise is.. i will keep everyone updated.... pictor is on his way over, and hale is comin at 4.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom