daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff

tenor.gif

and its a dollar cheaper this year. cant wait. gonna go this weekend.

Last edited:
Reactions: LikeABauce302

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
There is a secret menu for this :run:

Gracing the secret menu this year is Nashville Hot Shrimp, which was first available in 2017 but has a new recipe this year. It's crispy, corn flake-crusted shrimp tossed in a sweet and spicy rub and drizzled with amber honey, making it spicy, sweet and just overall delicious.

If spicy isn't your thing, there are also a few other secret menu items you can try out including Crunchy Popcorn Shrimp, Coconut Shrimp Bites and Garlic-Grilled Shrimp Skewers.

Reactions: daturbosix

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
LOLOLOLOL
My Wife works at RL and has for like 17yrs. She manages and serves when not doing a manager shift.
She absolutely hates this promotion with a fucking passion. It brings out the most ghetto non tipping MFers she has to deal with all year.
MFers will make her run her ass off for refills, then stuff the shit in bags and put in their purses or pockets. Then tip her .50 on a $40 tab.
The stories I have heard over the years of how people try to hide shrimp and biscuits during this promotion in hilarious.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
Last time I went, which was years ago, they would only bring out 5 at a time. When they set the plate down I looked at them and placed an order for another.
i just tell them how its going to work when we get seated.

"look bitch, im here to do work. when i reorder, i need like 20 at a time, not 5. ok? dont forget, your 10% tip depends on it."

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
they kicked my 6' 7" 400lb coworker out he sat there for 5 hours eating shrimp lol
i think it was 2 years ago, there was 8 of us dudes that went,. we were there for almost 3 hours. they was PISSED.

but most of us still managed to put down 200 or so shrimps

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
try to hide? i swear ive taken the last order that i didnt finish with me.
In the past you could, not anymore. Iirc they stopped it last year.
Last time I went, which was years ago, they would only bring out 5 at a time. When they set the plate down I looked at them and placed an order for another.
Pretty sure they bring out more, at least at her place they do
they kicked my 6' 7" 400lb coworker out he sat there for 5 hours eating shrimp lol
LOL
i just tell them how its going to work when we get seated.

"look bitch, im here to do work. when i reorder, i need like 20 at a time, not 5. ok? dont forget, your 10% tip depends on it."
10% is a shit tip imo, but at least your tipping 10% and not .0001%. Servers work for tips, they only make like $3.50hr which they lose in taxes.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
In the past you could, not anymore. Iirc they stopped it last year.

LOL

10% is a shit tip imo, but at least your tipping 10% and not .0001%. Servers work for tips, they only make like $3.50hr which they lose in taxes.

I have rules for tips.
  • 20% is guaranteed for standard service. Stop by every once in a while, top up drinks, ask a question here or there. I forgive a few mistakes. Mainly because US wage is terrible, and tips are required just to make minimum wage.
  • Excellent service gets more than 20%.
  • Bad service like repeated mistakes, repeatedly forgetting refills, or not even asking/noticing if the drink is empty. Top goes down. I can have have left without leaving a tip, only a message. But it has to be really bad before I'll skip the tip.
  • I never blame wait staff for food quality issues, and won't let it affect the tip. It isn't wait staffs fault if the food comes out shit.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I have rules for tips.
  • 20% is guaranteed for standard service. Stop by every once in a while, top up drinks, ask a question here or there. I forgive a few mistakes. Mainly because US wage is terrible, and tips are required just to make minimum wage.
  • Excellent service gets more than 20%.
  • Bad service like repeated mistakes, repeatedly forgetting refills, or not even asking/noticing if the drink is empty. Top goes down. I can have have left without leaving a tip, only a message. But it has to be really bad before I'll skip the tip.
  • I never blame wait staff for food quality issues, and won't let it affect the tip. It isn't wait staffs fault if the food comes out shit.
I created a new thread asking about this, lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info